Spot of the day!

Because the by product of a hydrogen car is water and you can't tax water.

Ashley

Really???

Wait and see...

It will be like diesel fuel.

Car diesel is twice the price of boat fuel - same stuff, different colour.

In the future, if you are caught with the 'wrong' water - BIG TROUBLE.

The government WILL find a way to make motorists continue to pay, big time.

There are many stories of the guy in the US back in the '60's who worked out how to run his old Chevy on tap water. (Hydrogen and oxygen)

One of the BIG oil companies - I think it was Shell - bought the tech and buried it.

I wonder why?

Current scientist know that water is the biggest potential fuel on the planet but at the mo', can't get it to work.

At present, it takes more energy to get the power out of water, than the power you get.

The guy in the '60's had it nailed.

Edited by roymattblack
  • Like 2

A friend of my old Bosses dad made a little device back in the 70's to save fuel on carburetor equipped engines, by eliminating that point on the throttle where it just makes more noise but doesn't really do anything (hopefully those who remember cars of that period will know what I mean) he got bought out by an oil company and they shelved it, I'm sure there are many cases of this type.

As for Hydrogen, it is the future of motoring, it's cheap, clean and convenient, it just needs the greedy shady people to step back and do the right thing, oil company's will try to push 'clean' electric cars as they have holdings in the power plants that provide the trickery unfortunately, but as most people surely know electric production on the scale needed for a charging infrastructure would never be able to be provided by 'Green' means, therefore it would be generated by coal, oil and nuclear and don't get me started on what it takes to produce those disgusting filthy batteries grrrrrr!!!

Sorry if I got slightly off topic for spot of the day, I have noticed what many have said about the normal 'old' cars going for silly money, you try getting a MK2 cavalier... and then try getting a good one, about a year ago there was a rust free (allegedly) MK2 GLi (SRi engine without the trim) in Carmine red, exactly the same as what my parents had when I was a lad, £9000 it was up for, I initially thought it was a typo but it kept rising, I never saw what it went for in the end but it was definitely too much.

Andy.

Edited by ElectricLightAndy

23 on the road at the last count for that year....

28519883433_32f4efee68_c.jpg

29061149271_8f36c557e9_c.jpg

My Brother had a truly immaculate one of these in light metallic green as his first car about 12 years ago, he sold it to a friend who then sold it to the banger racing track, what a waste.

Andy.

• Like 1

Years ago an security company bought an old Ford EXP and converted it to electric power. It's top speed wasn't much to talk about (I think it was like 70 to 90 mph) but the acceleration was chest crushing. It was, no joking, painful to accelerate at full throttle. I'm not surprised you're Jag couldn't keep up. Those cars are in a whole different category from conventional automobiles.

My Brother had a truly immaculate one of these in light metallic green as his first car about 12 years ago, he sold it to a friend who then sold it to the banger racing track, what a waste.

Andy.

That's unfortunate. I sold my Mini back in 2004 to someone who had a bodyshell, but no running gear, for a grass tracker.

In my defence, the bodyshell on my Mini was bin fodder and beyond saving. The running gear went on to win races.....

Hi . A few Tesla mentions , well ,. I ve just been to Basle , Switzerland to visit my sister and spotted about dozen Teslas in and around the city . Didnt manage to get any decent photos though . BTW never seen cars as clean and tidy as they have in Switzerland . All German makes as well .

Gary .

Really???

Wait and see...

It will be like diesel fuel.

Car diesel is twice the price of boat fuel - same stuff, different colour.

In the future, if you are caught with the 'wrong' water - BIG TROUBLE.

The government WILL find a way to make motorists continue to pay, big time.

There are many stories of the guy in the US back in the '60's who worked out how to run his old Chevy on tap water. (Hydrogen and oxygen)

One of the BIG oil companies - I think it was Shell - bought the tech and buried it.

I wonder why?

Current scientist know that water is the biggest potential fuel on the planet but at the mo', can't get it to work.

At present, it takes more energy to get the power out of water, than the power you get.

The guy in the '60's had it nailed.

A Lamborghini ... in Corby of all places! :blink:

Don't know much about cars but it was either a Gallardo or Aventador, ... and it was going very slowly over the speed bumps on Occupation road. Once he got over the bumps he put his foot down a tiny, little bit.

Never experienced the throaty roar of one these things before, I have now and I want one!

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn

Not really a Spot of the Day but a why? Why is it that there are now a heckuvalot of BMW 1 series on the roads and something like a Ford Focus is not as common (not here in Cheshire anyhow). It's not as if the two are similarly priced or as economical.

Trevor

Not really a Spot of the Day but a why? Why is it that there are now a heckuvalot of BMW 1 series on the roads and something like a Ford Focus is not as common (not here in Cheshire anyhow). It's not as if the two are similarly priced or as economical.

Trevor

One possability is Motability,When I worked for the blue oval 60% of new sales were Motability. :clif:

• Like 1

Trevor

Company cars and personal lease schemes.

Why drive a blue oval, when for the same amount per month you can that magical spinning prop logo?

Karl

• Like 2

Which SVX was it? The newer one or the one with the pop up headlights?

That car is on my bucket list. An amazingly fun little car!

The SVX never came with pop ups. Do you mean the XT? If so there are only 18 left in the UK with only 4 currently on the road, of which only 1 is a manual.

But I definitely saw an SVX lol.

Ashley