Spot of the day!

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:50 PM, bentwaters81tfw said:

A brown Alfasud!

I actually owned an Alfasud way back in 1979. It was silver, mind you. I bought it brand new from Ian Swift cars here in Bristol. My first new car!

Absolutely loved it. Only kept it two years and rust was appearing on the boot-lid and wheel-arches!

Still, it was a cracking little thing.

Cheers, Alan.

• Like 1

On 14/04/2017 at 9:46 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

I forgot that on Thursday, somewhere in Leicestershire,

being trailered in the other direction to me I saw the

remains of a 'Sweeney' Granada! And it was metallic brown too!

It looked like it had been dragged out of a 30 year sleep in a shed.

On the M1 past Leeds going north on Saturday saw a very good condition silver grey Granada towing a caravan.

Further along on the A1 M was overtaken by a cream and black RR Wraith! It looked in beautiful Nick and seemed to just glide along at 70ish. 

Had to slowly overtake just to have as good a look at it as I could.

9 hours ago, Alan R said:

I actually owned an Alfasud way back in 1979. It was silver, mind you. I bought it brand new from Ian Swift cars here in Bristol. My first new car!

Absolutely loved it. Only kept it two years and rust was appearing on the boot-lid and wheel-arches!

Still, it was a cracking little thing.

Cheers, Alan.

VERY similar to my experience; I had a dark blue Sud Ti  in 1974 or 1975, also my first brand new car.

Absolutely loved it, handling beyond belief, but rust was appearing within the 6 month warranty period

which was dealt with under the warranty and so I then sold it whilst it still looked pristine.

• Like 2

White Bentley Continental GT with a private plate, at speed through traffic lights on the A422 from Buckingham, across the A5D roundabout onto the A508 onto Northampton. Must have being doing 80 plus, not wanting to stop at the lights, across my nose as my lights went green on the A5 from Towcester. Real Growl from exhaust!

Various high performance sportscars, Bentley/Porsche/McLaren/Pagani etc. near Silverstone Circuit, 1st round of 2017 World Sportscar Chamionships (WEC)and also 1st round of European championships there Saturday& Sunday, very heavy traffic.

11 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Many a year since I have seen one of those. Used to be a gold one in these parts over 40 years ago.

Saw a Facel Vega here in Perth with a roof rack and ladder on top! 

• Like 1

Every day this week there has been a gold and black Oldsmobile 442 sitting in local grocery store's parking lot. Today I had my phone ready to snap some pics.

So of course, it wasn't there.

But someone was selling a sweet old Impala.  

(Sorry I was driving, trying to eat a biscuit and take a picture at the same time )

20170420_085916_zps2u9q5a7m.jpg

20170420_090002_zpsbn1a6cdg.jpg

Edited by Thud4444
Fixed grammar, then I realized I made it worse
  • Like 2

This afternoon, South Birmingham around Dudley, I think.

A big square K reg Ford Zodiac in pale metallic blue that

looked like it was only a couple of years old.

And in Traffic around half five in Newark was a little

red Cox? GTM which looked rather tasty.

Easter Monday, four or five VW transporter camper vans varied vintage from 1950's to 1960's

Tuesday on the M4 heading east, A yellow C5 Corvette

Today on the M4, heading west, A Jensen Interceptor.

Cheers, Alan.

• Like 1

In Kirton Lindsey this morning....

At the garage, H reg E type FHC in old English white.

A WW2 deuce and a half in olive green and apparently

full of ammo boxes! If the redball express is still going

then he's well lost. He was heading for the A15,

which is not the road to Berlin.

A neglected Alfetta GTV under a tarpaulin spotted in central Penang, and two proper minis just parked in side streets, as well as an immaculate Volvo Amazon.

Looks like the classic scene is alive and well in Malaysia!

Karl

• Like 1

There's often interesting vehicles outside our favourite New Forest pub.  Tonight there were some classic motorcycles.  A beautiful copper/gold L-reg Honda CB750 Four (like the old 1/8 Airfix i built as a kid), a Triumph twin and these two scrambler or trials machines (they had reg plates but no lights whatsoever).  The nearer is an Enfield Bullet, the other a Triumph.

Enfield and Triumph scramblers

Cheers 

Will 

• Like 2

Must be something on around here: overtaken by about 10 MGBs from a beautiful GT to a rorty RV8, an Allegro, two Dolomites (or 1300s or whatever they were called back then), a Capri, Maxi, two Marinas and a Cortina Mk III estate... all in ten minutes walking along the Bolton Abbey road and up through Addingham village...

bestest,

M.

• Like 2

It was the National "Drive It Day" today which usually heralds (pun unintended) the start of the classic car season. My day today comprised marshalling a halfway halt at Skellingthorpe for our club's contribution for the event.

• Like 1