1/72 Kong Jiang-1 AEW (B-29/Tu-4 Conversion)

Thanks Qing,

I just took the name from the conversion box top. I don't know how to edit the title to this series of posts to correct the name.

To be honest, Chinese aircraft names and manufactures can be a bit confusing at times, as different references list the same plane differently.

I hope to post more progress soon, although I am distracted by another build at the moment (Airfix Blenheim I) which is part of a group build.

The naming of Chinese military aircraft are not always consistent and it confuses me as well. :lol:

Almost forgot that you can also try its chinese name " 空警-1" or "空警一号" on your searches should you want to try and find more ref. :)

• Like 2

The naming of Chinese military aircraft are not always consistent and it confuses me as well. :lol:

Almost forgot that you can also try its chinese name " 空警-1" or "空警一号" on your searches should you want to try and find more ref. :)

Thanks Qing, that brought me some good images I hadn't seen before.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Learstang said:

Brilliant job on that model! That is a truly strange-looking variant of the B-29/Tu-4. One of these days I'll do my Tu-80. One of these days...

Regards,

Jason

Thanks, Jason,

Now a Tu-80 would be impressive to see modelled.

• Like 1

Very interesting! Shame I missed out on seeing this earlier. I have a certain fondness for AEW aircraft that my space does not quite permit.

I must agree with Corsair on the nacelles, they look quite goofy hanging out so far forward, yet somehow appropriate as well.

Looking forward to more, Tweener

Edited by Tweener
  • Thanks 1