M3/M4 Medium Tank STGB Chat

You're in good company here then!

I think it's the law that for one model completed ten must be started.

Haha does that apply to all models or just tanks?! As I've only started four afv and only completed none!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sarge

Sign me up!!!!

I must have 20 odd Sherman and varient kits in the stash.

Have an extratech/ okb / friendship models/ calibre 72 frakensherman M4A3E2 that I've been planning for a while that would be ideal.

Edited by badger
  • Like 1

No dates yet, we need eleven (ten if you are in) more names to make this years voting.....If we can get them I suspect there's a fair chance that we may be in regardless of the voting, the wingy-thing brigade have had it all their own way for entirely too long. :wicked:

The Trackheads are revolting.....As has often been said! :winkgrin:

Welcome aboard Ben.....Glad you've joined us. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Just got my kit

Now can I wait that long for the GB????

I'm having that problem too - twitching to get the kit out of the stash and make a start!!

Must resist - it's not like I don't have 50+ works in progress to be getting on with in the meantime :banghead:

Ben

• Like 2

Know what you mean.....I've got all the kits & bits for my build (some tracks are on their way from Canada courtesy of a kind chap on ML Braille) and I'm itching to have a go at them, I'm Planning on doing two builds, one from each side of the 1956 Arab-Israeli war:

M4A4-AMX-13-latrun-2.jpg

M51-Isherman-latrun-1.jpg

It's a subject area I've long avoided, but I figure sixty years is long enough for this to count as 'historical conflict'. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Pencil me in for this. I live in the Wiltshire town of Highworth and The Royal Wiltshire Yeomanry had named one of their Shermans 'HIGHWORTH'. Trouble is no Decal sheets have enough 'H's'!!!

Off to Bovington Tank Museum Thursday for some inspiration. Thursday, of course, is the 100th anniversary of the first day the tank went to war.

• Like 1

Pencil me in for this. I live in the Wiltshire town of Highworth and The Royal Wiltshire Yeomanry had named one of their Shermans 'HIGHWORTH'. Trouble is no Decal sheets have enough 'H's'!!!

Off to Bovington Tank Museum Thursday for some inspiration. Thursday, of course, is the 100th anniversary of the first day the tank went to war.

When I get round to mine, I'll do 'Corston' as its nearest.. I'm near Fairford. If the others give you enough letter....

• 3 weeks later...

Please count me in as well, I have at least 3 1/35 Shermans in the stash.

• Like 1

Come on guys.....We need just eight seven six more names to get this GB into the vote, get PMing your friends and get them signed up!   :poke:

If you've not done an armour build before but have a Sherman in the stash, get your name down (optionally go out/online, buy a Sherman and then get your name down).....Despite appearances us Trackheads really don't bite and I'm sure you would get all the help and advice you could ever need (possibly more).  :coolio:

So come on folks, jump aboard.....General Sherman needs you!  :viking:

Hi Sarge, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I have a partially started Dragon kit from last year, but the fixes bogged it down.  At the time it was intended to be the Holy Roller, believed to be the only Sherman from the Canadian First Hussar's regiment to land on D-day and still be in combat service when the war ended in Europe.   So maybe I can take a stab at finishing this one.

regards,

Jack

• Like 1

Only if it's accompanied by the Firefly that killed it!  :fight:

As for the date.....That's the state of play with STGBs, it's utterly chokka!  If we want to get an AFV GB to ourselves in the next couple of years this is currently our best bet.  If you feel like opening a thread for another type of AFV I'll happily join it, but I figured the Sherman was probably our best bet considering how widespread its use was.  :nerd:

Only if it's accompanied by the Firefly that killed it!  :fight: --------  Really can go off people you know  :closedeyes:

Ok iI ll jump in as its a AFV  STGB and we dont get many Ill have a look at Telford for a suitable target  Sherman buit leaning towards Tamiya,s  easy eight allways liked that one 

• Like 1