M3/M4 Medium Tank STGB Chat

Not being into 'wingy' things, but appreciating good models, I just had a look at the Starfighter STGB. Some good work in there. And then I had a look at the poll which is now closed. A TOTAL of 6 votes were cast, with 2 models having 2 votes each and 2 other models having 1 vote each.

So actually, despite what seems to be 'slow voting' in BM's 'First ever AFV GB', we have actually had a very good response! Still, I don't understand why so few people vote in the polls. I think it's almost discourteous!

Badder

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations to all those who won their catagories in this GB, and thank you to the team who made it all possible, especially @Sgt.Squarehead for all the help he gave to all, and the kind donation of prizes.

Badder

(Very happy with my 3rd place overall, a vast improvement on my first GB entry!)

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I do sometimes wonder if some members dislike the semi-competetive nature of the GB format?  :shrug:

I can take it or leave it Sgt. I stopped competing in competition as it caused my burnout in ‘05. I like the camaraderie, banter, and helpfulness in the group build’s. My first ever was the Sherman. And im slated for about a dozen now, including one im hosting (Patton). Would it be nice to win ... Yes. But not what im here for. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

The point of them is really to get people building together and having a bit of fun.

3 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I like the camaraderie, banter, and helpfulness in the group build’s.

That's what I'm in it for.  :coolio:

• Like 3

:ditto:

I've never considered a GB as competitive, but I've never been that way inclined with modelling (although I am competitive elsewhere in life).

For me, one of the reasons for entering a GB is the drive to get the thing finished and not end up as yet another shelf queen, the deadline for the gallery is good motivation in that sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Not half as sorry as me, believe me.....Replacing it is going to skint me completely, I'm looking at a two grand hole in my budget at the absolute minimum (and I will have to switch to Win10).  

• Sad 4

I feel your pain, I've had to scrap together cash for the car. I don't envy you with the windows 10 uplift.

• Thanks 1