He 111 STGB Chat

Arniec

I have got some troubles with my iPad. So, I am doing it now from my phone. Just over a week to go before the gb ends. I have been busy with my model as well and hope to finish it on time.

Cheers,

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Arniec said:

Just a reminder guys, that the GB ends this Sunday at 23:59.🙂

Cheers,

UTC or Greenwich time, so in US in a middle of the day in Sunday ;)

• Like 1

Thanks guys for participating in this GB. It was nice to see so many different kits and camo's. I hope you liked it as much as I did? 

The downside for me was the few hours I had because of my work to do it.

On to the next GB and have fun with your build's.

Cheers,

• Like 3

Thanks Arnold for conducting our stgb .

This has been the first gb I've managed to participate in for years where my posts haven't peeterd out halfway through my build.

I look forward to catching up with you in another luftwaffe themed group build.

Cheers

Alistair

• Like 2

Yes indeed, thanks Arnold for hosting and fellow members for participating. These Luftwaffe medium bombers are interesting and colourful subjects, I have finished a Do 17, Ju 88 and now a He 111 this year. I believe Do 17 wasn´t varied enough in colour and theaters of operation to support a dedicated STGB, but the Ju 88 on the other hand, well you´ve all seen my signature :whistle:. V-P :fool:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

I believe Do 17 wasn´t varied enough in colour and theaters of operation to support a dedicated STGB, but the Ju 88 on the other hand, well you´ve all seen my signature :whistle:. V-P :fool:

I would not be so sure. Of course Ju-88 was a basic of basics for German WWII aviation, comparable only with Me 109. However, if you consider all variants of Do 17 - starting from E & F (Spain, early Blitzkrieg), P &M (Blitzkrieg, Balkans, Eastern Front), K (Yugoslavia 1941, Croatia,  Yu Partisan, Bulgaria, Italian ex-Yu and even ex Yu as RAF on exile in Egipt) then Z (Blitzkrieg incl BOB, Balkans, Africa, eastern Front, Finland), 215 (German fighter and bomber as well as Hungary recce) - there is perhaps enough types and schemes for a STGB. I will join it - currently I have 17 E from SCW and night fighter 215 on shelves and three more in stash: P which I want to do German from Balkans, K which I will do as Croatian most likely and Z which I am going to do from Blitzkrieg. I am going to do them as series, like I did now with He-111 and the STGB was a great opportunity to mobilize myself to do this series. So I join the choir of thanks for Arnold for organization with a hope for its return in future!

Best regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

Thanks Jerzy-Wojtek for an eye-opener! Are you number two on the Do 17 STGB list, if I start one? V-P

With three of them in stash (close to top, since the schemes are chosen already) - sure, I am in! :)

regards

J-W

• Like 1