He 111 STGB Chat

Arniec

5 minutes ago, Roger Newsome said:

Bob, I have a Hasegawa 1/72 He111-P lurking in the loft.

I've never bought the Hasegawa He111, my choices are the Monogram or ICM H-3. :nod:

9 minutes ago, Roger Newsome said:

I consider myself fortunate I don't have a choice..... there's always the buy another option though. 🤣

I keep on saying "no more kits" my stash to life expectancy is way out of balance, BUT the Eduard lock down sale at 25% off meant I HAD to have that bunny club version of  their Bf109E, and some resin bits and pieces including their new 1/48 He111 wheels, oh and the Royal boxing of the 1/48 P-51 Mustang.  Yes I got the Paddington bear look. :badmood:

6 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

I keep on saying "no more kits" my stash to life expectancy is way out of balance, BUT the Eduard lock down sale at 25% off meant I HAD to have that bunny club version of  their Bf109E, and some resin bits and pieces including their new 1/48 He111 wheels, oh and the Royal boxing of the 1/48 P-51 Mustang.  Yes I got the Paddington bear look. :badmood:

When you do pop em Bob Paddington knows where I live. 😀

• Haha 1

On 22 april 2020 at 10:27 AM, Roger Newsome said:

I'd like to join this one if that's alright. 😀

Roger. 

Roger, You are more than welcome.

Cheers,

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Arniec said:

Roger, You are more than welcome.

Cheers,

Thanks Arnold. It was going to be an out of the box build with the only additional purchases being some canopy masks, now I've got time to think about it things might change.

Roger. 

1 minute ago, Roger Newsome said:

Thanks Arnold. It was going to be an out of the box build with the only additional purchases being some canopy masks, now I've got time to think about it things might change.

Roger. 

I have the Zwilling version of Hasegawa and the only extra's that I can remember were some quickboost gunbarrels. That gives it a more to scale look. 

But investing in a paintmask is always good for the type of kits. I think I need one for my 1/32 build as well.

Cheers,

• Like 1

This is what I will build.B):drunk:

IMG_4969

Now I see that it has a wingspan of 70 centimeters.:banghead: that is almost as wide as the 1/48 Zwilling:coolio: Maybee I should invest in one of those as well.:bounce:

Cheers,

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

For my 56th Birthday my girlfriend bought me the other kit I said I'd do for this group build.

IMG_1083 IMG_1084

IMG_1086

My aim is to modify the kit so it looks like the album cover and put the band in -including a drum kit !

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Adrian Hills said:

For my 56th Birthday my girlfriend bought me the other kit I said I'd do for this group build.

My aim is to modify the kit so it looks like the album cover and put the band in -including a drum kit !

I can't see the pics due to the internet where I am but I can guess. 😀🤘

Edited by Roger Newsome

• 1 month later...

Another update on my mad ideas. I have been reading about He111 carrying V1s and think it might be a laugh to scratchbuild a V1 in 1/100 scale and add it to my Faller kit.

Here you can see I have already scratchbuilt a V1 in 1/144 scale for a silly diorama (If the Tempest pilot shot the V1 when it was that close he would completely ruin his day !)

IMG_6078

IMG_6080

• Like 2

Just under two months before this GB starts. So get your stuff together, just like I did.😃

I have got my 1/32 Revell He-111P already standing nearby for the start.😉

Cheers,

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

It has been quite here. But the GB starts in a month.

I know that I can't wait till it starts. Hope to see you all soon.

Cheers,

I have only one problem, Arnie! A Revegawa H-6 it will be and with torpedos, but from the I/KG 26 in the Arctic or the II/KG 26 in the Med - well, I can actually wait with the decision until I must start painting the theater markings!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

I have only one problem, Arnie! A Revegawa H-6 it will be and with torpedos, but from the I/KG 26 in the Arctic or the II/KG 26 in the Med - well, I can actually wait with the decision until I must start painting the theater markings!

You know what Enzo would say. " Buy another one and build both versions. You know you want to😉

Cheers,

• Haha 2

Having over 400 model on shelves I have to confess (ashamed a bit) that I never done in my live any He-111... I have four variants  in stash (C & E by Roden, H by Revell and Z by Hasegawa) - so I should jump into this river .... :)

23 minutes ago, JWM said:

Having over 400 model on shelves I have to confess (ashamed a bit) that I never done in my live any He-111... I have four variants  in stash (C & E by Roden, H by Revell and Z by Hasegawa) - so I should jump into this river .... :)

You are more than welcome to Take the plunge into the He-111 river.

With what kit? is entirely up to you. But it looks very nice what you have in your stash.

Cheers,

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Greg Law said:

I'm afraid I will have to pull out on this GB. The BOB GB will completely tie me down. I still haven't finished the He 111H-4 and it is too far along to do here.

I am sorry to hear that. But good luck with your BOB build.

Cheers,

20 hours ago, Greg Law said:

I'm afraid I will have to pull out on this GB. The BOB GB will completely tie me down. I still haven't finished the He 111H-4 and it is too far along to do here.

Maybe you can treat @Arniec to a pint to convince him to let you finish your H-4 as a WIP.  Give you the chance to finish her up w/ the group, just not eligible for the gallery submission.  ;)

• Like 2