He 111 STGB Chat

Arniec

55 minutes ago, Greg Law said:

I might have to start it early and get to the 25% line as this GB clashes with the Battle of Britain GB. I dealt I will complete both on time unless I do.

If the P version has got some battle of Britain scheme, than you could Build it for both GB's.  That would give less stress.

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Erwin said:

Count me in...

634642-16854-32-pristine.jpg

Welcome Erwin. 

Great to see the Matchbox kit. I builded it a few years ago for the Matchbox gb. It is a simple kit, but it is easy to build.

Cheers

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I Might have to stick my oar in on this one. Just waiting for the second release as don't want to pay silly money for it. Am itching to do the new Airfix release commemorating fourty years of the Motorhead album "Bomber". Would just need to add a front ventral turret and maybe get some figures playing drums etc !! There's nothing wrong with a bit of fun !

• Like 3

On 31 december 2019 at 12:17 AM, Adrian Hills said:

I could always scare everyone with the terrifyingly inaccurate Faller 1/100 scale kit that I bought recently. Would be a fun, quick build

Hi Adrian. I would love to see it being build. Although a Motorhead 111 would be nice as well.

Cheers,

Arniec, For a laugh I thought I'd show you a couple of pictures of the splendid Faller kit. Think It'll have a basic camouflage and a rudimentary cockpit. I have some 1/100 figures that might fill the space

49357651547_21973eee37_z.jpgIMG_0308 by arhills, on Flickr

49357660427_48bec16402_z.jpgIMG_0309 by arhills, on Flickr

49356986498_11ef106059_z.jpgIMG_0311 by arhills, on Flickr

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Adrian Hills said:

Arniec, For a laugh I thought I'd show you a couple of pictures of the splendid Faller kit. Think It'll have a basic camouflage and a rudimentary cockpit. I have some 1/100 figures that might fill the space

49357651547_21973eee37_z.jpgIMG_0308 by arhills, on Flickr

49357660427_48bec16402_z.jpgIMG_0309 by arhills, on Flickr

49356986498_11ef106059_z.jpgIMG_0311 by arhills, on Flickr

OMG.:doh: that looks horrible. Still it is a very old kit. so build it if you want to. a heinkel is always interesting to see when It's build.

Cheers,

7 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

Anyone thinking of building the soon to be released ICM 1/48 Zwilling ?  That will be a handful. :rolleyes:

I’m offering a slap up meal at Mrs Miggins Pie Shop to anyone who has the guts to build an Heinkel 111 zwilling - in 1/32 😉😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Adrian Hills said:

I’m offering a slap up meal at Mrs Miggins Pie Shop to anyone who has the guts to build an Heinkel 111 zwilling - in 1/32 😉😊

I'm not sure what would need the most guts, building a 1/32 He 111 zwilling or eating a slap up meal at Mrs Miggins Pie Shop. :hmmm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 14 januari 2020 at 12:39 AM, Retired Bob said:

Anyone thinking of building the soon to be released ICM 1/48 Zwilling ?  That will be a handful. :rolleyes:

I have got the 1/72 scale Hasegawa one and that is already big. But If anybody want's to build it I would Love to see it.

O, and for the brave ones a 1/32 scale one is awsome!!!

Cheers

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/01/2020 at 22:36, Arniec said:

OMG.:doh: that looks horrible. Still it is a very old kit. so build it if you want to. a heinkel is always interesting to see when It's build.

Cheers,

It’s a Heinkel Jim, but not as we know it

with apologies to Dr McCoy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

that is a whole new scale! 😲 That won't fit in the time for this GB.

I hope I have time for One of the 1/32 scale versions I have. If so it will be the P version with some night camo for the night blitz.

Cheers,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

A friend in my model club, IPMS Mid-Sussex, has just received a 1/48 Zwilling. I’m now trying to persuade him to join our group build. He’s good in 1/48 and has done an excellent Manchester using a Paragon conversion so the German behemoth should be a piece of cake 😊

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Adrian Hills said:

A friend in my model club, IPMS Mid-Sussex, has just received a 1/48 Zwilling. I’m now trying to persuade him to join our group build. He’s good in 1/48 and has done an excellent Manchester using a Paragon conversion so the German behemoth should be a piece of cake 😊

Great Adrian.

I hope he will join the GB. Would be nice to see a Zwilling here.

And in 1/48! I think he has got the Zvesda kit? 

I have got the Zwilling version in 1/72 scale from Hasegawa. I bought that to put by my Me-321 Gigant from Italeri.

Guys, it is time to collect your modells and other stuff. Just 3 months to go before this GB starts. 

I still haven't decided what model I will make. Although the 1/32 P version smilles at me from the stash😉

Cheers,

On 18/04/2020 at 09:41, Adrian Hills said:

The 1/48 Zwilling is from ICM and has a 740mm wingspan !!

Whoa that's a big un, I was tempted for about 5 seconds and then reality sunk in that I would probably never get around to it, I already have four 1/48 He 111s in the stash already. 😉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Adrian Hills said:

Well Bob, you’ve got your head above the parapet. I hope you have plans to build one for this group build. 😊😊

I signed up last year with plans to add a V1 to the new (at the time) ICM H-20,  I have the Revell boxing of the V1 carrying H-22 so I was going to rob the carrier/launcher, add the Tamiya V1 and jobs a goodun.  However, I was informed of the inaccuracy of the Revell carrier/launcher parts and sure enough I found details on tinternet of a resin conversion set to convert the 1/32 He 111, I was hoping by now that either ICM or someone would have done this in 1/48.  I did buy the Kagero plan books on the He 111 but details on these V1 carriers is a bit sketchy, as the pulse jet was started prior to launch there was a steel plate to protect the tail plane and there are other details that are hard to pin down.  So bottom line, it's the 80th anniversary of the Battle of Britain so I will make a BoB H-3. :daydream:

• Like 1