He 111 STGB Chat

Arniec

On 18 januari 2019 at 5:58 PM, MarkSH said:

Assuming this is going to be a 2020 GB? Far enough ahead to get organised, so sign me up!

Hi MarkSH, 

good to hear that you want to build a Heinkel He-111. We are nearly there to have enough builders for a GB slot.

fingers crossed that it we get there soon, so we get a date for the start. 

So guys, just three more and we are there!!! Come on and join us.

Cheers,

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey you good people, only ONE more builder needed. This must be one of the oldest still running STGB threads, as Arnold started this more than two and a half years ago! Let's push this over the line, so Enzo can finally set us the slot. Pleeeease! V-P

5 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

:hmmm:maybe I should start another Britmodeller account in a family member name, and sign second time in this - but of course, I can't do that, can't I :wicked:

C'mon, ONE more!

Hey V-P, my current user name is not on the list though I have agreed to participate previously..... Is that a loophole you can use???? :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks guys for the last two members to get into this GB. We have made it!!!!!! 

I have already asked Enzo to give us a date to start this STGB.

When I know more I will let you know.

Cheers,:yahoo::yahoo:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 16 april 2019 at 11:59 PM, Retired Bob said:

I have just got my sticky mitts on the new ICM He 111 H-20, add a V 1 and that's what I will be building, roll on July 2020.

I have still got a Revell 1/48 one in my stash with the V1 under it. 

As I can remember I promised to build one in 1/32 scale.:whistle:

Cheers,

• Like 1

On 18/04/2019 at 22:03, Arniec said:

I have still got a Revell 1/48 one in my stash with the V1 under it. 

I too have the Revell one, that's where I will borrow the launcher from to use with the Tamiya V1 in my stash, I wonder if ICM will release a H-22 V1 carrier themselves? :hmmm:

• Like 1

On 21 april 2019 at 7:55 PM, Retired Bob said:

I too have the Revell one, that's where I will borrow the launcher from to use with the Tamiya V1 in my stash, I wonder if ICM will release a H-22 V1 carrier themselves? :hmmm:

Maybee they will. You will never now until they release it.:whistle:

• Like 1

One problem with using either the Revell H-22 or converting the ICM H-20, according to the Black Cross book on the He 111 the H-22 had a metal plate fitted to the tailplane, this was to protect it from the jet pulse when the V 1 was started before launch.  Unfortunately the Revell kit does not have it, and as yet I have not found a photo of it fitted.  I have ordered the Top Drawings books on the He 111 and I am hoping they have some detail on this. :unsure:

• Like 1

I have seen just one picture with the tailplane on it and it doesn't seems to be fitted?! It is the prototype with the early backturret. If you google It it wil rurn up. 

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Is there a limit to how many people can be in this group? I put my hand up and I'm not on the list. 

Not a big issue for me as I will be building one next year anyway. 

No limits.  Just a minimum number needed.  25 minimum for STGBs to get on the roster.  30 minimum for normal GBs to get on the ballot for voting (November I think).

• 2 weeks later...
On 12 mei 2019 at 7:04 AM, Greg Law said:

Is there a limit to how many people can be in this group? I put my hand up and I'm not on the list. 

Not a big issue for me as I will be building one next year anyway. 

Greg, 

the counting is now over, as we already have got the minimum needed to get a date for the STGB. 

But even if you are not on the list! Then you are very welcome to build one when this STGB starts. 

The more the better. 

Cheers,

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I know it is still some time to go before this GB starts, but slowly is 2020 kreeping up on us. 

I can't wait to start this one. 

Cheers,

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Greg Law said:

I'm sure I will be in. I just acquired resin engines to convert one of my Monogram Revell kits to a He 111P in a Blitz night scheme. Should go well with my current build.

O, that is nice. I didn't know there were some after market engines for a P version. I know there was a set vacum formed ones in the past, but difficult to get in Europe. I still don't understand why Revell/ monogram haven't brought that version out themselves? But maybee ICM will bring that out. 

Before you know it is the GB there. Can't wait to see your build.

Cheers,