He 111 STGB Chat

Arniec

Hi Guys,

I have just read that there are still 5 slots for 2018 available in the STGB class. And after finishing the Ju-88 STGB it got me thinking about a He-111 STGB. There are models from 1/144 to 1/32 scale. And they flew in many different countries,
from the A to Z version including the Casa version and also the civilian versions.
So let me know if you are interested.

1. ArnieC (Host)
2. Mottlemaster
3. Blastvader
4. TonyTiger66
5. vppelt68
6. ZitchDog
7. old thumper
8. Caerbannog
9. franky boy
10.jrlx
11.exdraken

12.Modelling Minion

13.TrojanThunder

14.Basilisk

15.SleeperService

16. Jockney

17. SimonT

18. SAU

19. CliffB

20. GREG DESTEC

21. rafalbert

22. MarkSH

23. Peter Lloyd

24. Retired Bob

25. Romeo Alfa Yankee

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 1

Hi Arnie this is a splendid idea. I will be doing a Roden He -111 B for the Spanish Civil War GB II if it goes through, but I also want to bite the bullet and do a He-111 C and E. These are infamously tricky kits, so it would be one of those for this GB.

If I chicken out it would indeed, be a CASA 2111 in 1/72 ;)

Best regards

Tony

• Like 2

Thanxs Guys, you have all been added to the list. Wow!!! already seven!!! This is going fast.

I was for myself thinking of a 1/32 beast.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Oh yes please - I started a Monogram He 111 about 5 1/2 years back and shelfed it rather soon. My plan was to convert it to a paratrooper transport like the Duxford machine and started to scratch the interior. Here are some old pictures of what is done:

overview_zpscb9fh1am.jpg

I suppose this is still well under the 25% rule? Would be good to finish it at last (not that I usually finish a GB... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: )

René

• Like 5

Welcome René,

Yes your build is under the 25 %. To be ohnest You haven't start the Original kit. I only see some scratch building (what is lovely by the way).

Cheers,

• Like 2

This one has got a bit quite, so i give it a bump upwards to get it in the picture again.

There are some countries that used it, including Germany, Spain, China, Rumania, Turkey,Bulgaria and Hungary.

O, also don't forget the captured ones by the USA, UK, France, Russia, etc.

This could also be a lot of different colours, like the interim war scheme (RLM 62/63/64/65), standard war scheme (RLM 65/70/71), N. Afrika scheme (RLM 78/79 with or without some green blobs), etc.

I hope that this will inspire some more for this GB.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Hi Arnold,

Put me in the list, please. This is one of my favourite aircraft and I have Airfix's P versioni n the stash.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

Ask me the other side of my MTO heinkel...if all goes well with that I may be persuaded to sign up

You can Always put your name down now. You can Always recover in 2017. This will be for 2018 (hopefully).

I have also got the Airfix kit and I think that it will build like a dream.

Cheers,

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Common Guys!!!! I just need 15 more to have a go.

The Heinkel He 111 flew during the Battle of Britain, in Afrika, Russia, Around the north cape to attack some convoys. Later they flew with V1's . They flew in every war zone that I can remember. Even as a twin (Z) to tow the Me 321 Gigant.

They flew in Original colours (RLM 65/70/71), or winter camo, or the first camo of RLM 62/63/64/65 (Spain/pre war) or even in sand gelb (Yellow). More than enough diversity in colour schemes.

So there is more than enough possabilities.

I hope that this will get me some more builders for this great project..

Cheers,

• 3 months later...

I am a little bit noughty and give this one a bump. maybee someone will build one to, after the rumours of a new 1/48 scale one from ICM and the recently released 1/72 ones from Airfix!!! And also don't forget the Hasegawa and reboxed Revell ones!!!

And for the guys who like big scale the 1/32 ones from Revell as well!!!

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, exdraken said:

Depending if the ICM is abailable by then a maybe even an early version I could imagine building a Spanish Pedro

So I can put your name down?!

Cheers,