Tanmodel announce a 1/48th Buccaneer.

Acky190

On 13/08/2017 at 2:39 PM, Des said:

......Airfix kit is not too bad if you take your time with the fuselage halves inch by inch to get them to fit together , might be wrong but I am sure that I read somewhere that the plastic they now use is somewhat softer which is why the kit is unlikely to ever be released again as the fuselage halves would now warp beyond recall.

I seem to recall the kit being cast in something like spring steel. It's the only time my otherwise fail-safe go to method has failed.

Er, can I make a suggestion?

Anyone going to SMW, get along to the UMP stand and ask the question....................................:thumbsup:

...............just sayin...........................

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 10/13/2017 at 9:51 AM, RMP2 said:

Pretty sure I read on Facebook that its going to be 2018 for the release of the Tan Bucc.

It seems that their interest is in promoting current military sales items, so seeing anything this year may be a bit of a struggle for the fans of the Bucc.:rain:

• 2 weeks later...
On 6 February 2018 at 2:29 AM, hairystick said:

It seems that their interest is in promoting current military sales items, so seeing anything this year may be a bit of a struggle for the fans of the Bucc.:rain:

Yes, it would be nice to know if the Buccaneers are a/ going ahead, or b/ place holders pending go-ahead or c/ Tan Model are secretly hoping it will go away so that they may concentrate on kitting Turkish drones with free mousemats.

Tony

Edited by tony.t
To crrcte auotsellp
  • Like 1

I wish they would get their finger out. 

A 1/48 Bucc' by Tanmodel, is eagerly awaited by me. They should open it up for ore-order. Maybe the level of interest would get them focussed on getting the kit finished for production/sale.

• Like 2

While we all want a Bucc, and I certainly do Tanmodel have been concentrating on their domestic market at present. Hopefully the cash from this will fund the Bucc and Su-33.

Julien

• Like 1

Due to the speed that these models are progressing, I think theirs more chance of Airfix bringing out their Buccanear before this one even sees the light of day.......................reminds me very much of the Classic Airframes Fairey Gannet AEW3..............advertised, yet never appeared

Excellent news!

The Bucc is the next kit in line for production!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today's release of info stated that the latest kit designs were to consolidate design/production processes towards establishing their own production company for the injection moulding process.

With so much CAD work already completed on the project, hopefully we might see something "soon"... (?)

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

There's a post on the Tanmodel Facebook page with a short video saying "where are we", showing what looks like a warehouse and a whole lot of Tanmodel boxes. No mention of the contents, but I'm thinking...

50 minutes ago, Phantom Phil said:

I haven't seen that... Do you have a link because I can't find it?

Video: https://www.facebook.com/tanmodel/videos/830634847124778/

Next projects: http://www.tanmodel.com/en/projeler.php

Source: https://www.facebook.com/tanmodel/photos/a.293378480850420.1073741830.288722731315995/806534166201513/?type=3&theater

ABOUT UPDATES and INFORMATIONS of OUR NEXT PROJECTS:
Dear TANMODEL followers and our modeller friends;

I was thinking of informing you for some time but unfortunately it was not possible due to our busy works throughout the day. Therefore, I believe that it is the right time to share an explanation without further delay.

Buccaneer is the first project among those TANMODEL Ltd team (including me) loves very much and would like to offer you the best. We were planning to prepare the kit with a 1/72 scale of considering the British market, however we also put 1/48 scale kit project to our agenda due to strong demands from other markets. We would like you to know that there were no up-to-date kits in the market for a long time and that we prepared the 3D design very carefully and very detailed as the expectations increased, and that we designed some special part breakdowns for you. Besides, we would also have some surprises in the box. Of course we want to offer you these project with a reasonable sales price tag and we have some plans for this: For example, like opening a moldshop for ourselves in Istanbul (TURKEY). The reason for us to focus on local projects is not to finance our other projects but to create the technical infrastructure which would allow us to open a moldshop.

Would our projects be realized if we did not open our own moldshop? Of course our projects will be realized... Already we manufactured the 4 projects we launched before with the moldshops with which we cooperated. Another important detail: We are moving one step forward with each project and we are conducting R&D studies to increase the product quality (snap fit style part fit designs, smooth plastic surface quality, slider-mold designs, P.E. detail sets etc.). We will use the experience we gained on our new projects such as Buccaneer and Su-33.

You may see all details of our Buccaneer project on Scale Aircraft Magazine (SAM) which is the most attentive media follower of this project within a few months/issues.

We can say (write) that for now we may not have a fast manufacturing program but the properties you would find in a TANMODEL product will be: Scale-Shape accuracy, modeller friendly part breakdowns, full box content, fast or slowly accomplished projects.

Properties which you may not find in a TANMODEL product: Unstable product quality, empty box content, weird online marketing campaigns, manufacturing schedule-project changes focus on competitor brands.

We are following the messages you write on forums or in social media carefully and we are very happy about the ideas you declared. Forums and social media are for this anyway. We are using the forums/social media posts relevantly and we become online in forums/our social media accounts for the following reasons:

1- To announce our new projects and/or for updates
2- To complete our missing information and to collect information from you (modellers)
3- To provide you with correct information about us and to answer your questions.

Information required to follow us and to contact us are given below. Our doors are open 24/7, after all most modelers would confirm this 1f642.png🙂 

http://www.tanmodel.com/en/index.php (it will be comes completely renewed at near soon) 
https://facebook.com/tanmodel 
https://twitter.com/tanmodelkit 
https://www.instagram.com/tanmodelkit 

Thank you for your kind interest, patience and support in TANMODEL brand, products/projects.

Regards,
(Mr) Baris TANSOY
Owner & Founder of TANMODEL Plastic Model Kits Ltd.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:25 AM, Phantom Phil said:

I haven't seen that... Do you have a link because I can't find it?

They released their anti-aircraft kit already, and this was posted last Saturday. Just a thought...

Edited by jgrease
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Nocoolname said:

Gutted that they are starting with the 1/72 kit rather than the 1/48 :angrysoapbox.sml:

Very pleased they're starting with the 1/72nd rather than the 1/48th scale kit.

Assuming the margins will be similar for the kits, it makes sense to bring out the 1/72nd kit first, I want about a dozen 1/72nd kits, only one 1/48th!

Wise decision says I.

Edited by Wez
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nocoolname said:

Gutted that they are starting with the 1/72 kit rather than the 1/48 :angrysoapbox.sml:

24 minutes ago, Wez said:

Very pleased they're starting with the 1/72nd rather than the 1/48th scale kit.

...which just goes to prove you can't please all of the people all of the time.  I seem to recall that the margin on larger kits is better due to the only slightly increased costs for the plastic. :hmmm:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

...which just goes to prove you can't please all of the people all of the time.  I seem to recall that the margin on larger kits is better due to the only slightly increased costs for the plastic. :hmmm:

LOL! Ain't that just the case! :rofl:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nocoolname said:

Now you know how we feel when it was first proposed only to see the scale trolls bias the development and usurp it with a 48th version. 

Does it actually say that, Baris appears to be quoting the development process of the Buccaneer which started out as a 72nd projects. It doesn't actually say what is next apart from they are aiming to do their own tooling and production in-house.