Tanmodel announce a 1/48th Buccaneer.

Acky190

I understand that Airfix were not considering a 1/48th Buccaneer as Tan Model seemed to have that base covered. If (a) there seems to be an end to that project and (b) Airfix already have a lot of Buccaneer info for their 1/72nd kit, I would argue that there is every possibility that we may yet see a 1/48th Buccaneer in a red box.

19 minutes ago, mattcour said:

I thought the same at first, that they could be in some way related to Jetmads. So I asked both companies and they replied they are absolutely independent and even do not know each other. Jetmads' reply also stated they had announced a year ago (upon the same question) that they were a totally new brand and not attached to any other company or people before.

So it's a wrong rumour.

I am not surprised that they are not attached. I have both the RF-84F of Tanmodel and Skystreak of Jetmads. The design approach and even the instructions of the kits are entirely different. Not to mention that one is IM and the latter is full resin.

On 6/15/2020 at 4:58 AM, Richard123 said:

But they've just done most of the work with their 72nd scale effort. Hopefully they'll scale the CAD up and release a 48th scale version. I live in hope.

Not only that, but the 1/48 Buccaneer was not done in-house. It was tooled by Ocidental in Portugal. I’m sure that the new 1/72 kit was a complete fresh start. It certainly would be nice if Airfix were to scale it up to 1/48.

• Like 1

One thing I was reminded of the other day, another reason fro delays at Tan Model was the owner had a major heart attack which he is slowly recovering from.

Julien

• Sad 4

45 minutes ago, Julien said:

One thing I was reminded of the other day, another reason fro delays at Tan Model was the owner had a major heart attack which he is slowly recovering from.

Julien

Well that's a major show stopper for anybody. I hope he makes a good recovery.

• Like 3

• 11 months later...

*sigh* I fall for it every time, I see that this topic has been updated and go rushing to go and see, only to be disappointed to see that there is no real progress! Oh well, eventually we will see something from one of the newer manufacturers, and I have come to realise that for me, this is the number 1 on my wish list. When it finally materialises I will be waiting with my build mat and Tamiya Extra thin!

Les

• Like 6