Tanmodel announce a 1/48th Buccaneer.

Acky190

3 hours ago, Rickoshea52 said:

I thought this was discussed before; thanks for the reminder. I need to read up on Wethersfield now. 

2 hours ago, Nocoolname said:

I thought Weathersfield was the town where Coronation Street was? :hmmm:

SleeperDad would like to have a quite word in your ear @Nocoolname  @Rickoshea52 had a pretty interesting history my Dad can talk for weeks on the subject. Still trying to pin down the background to the 381 BG B-17 photos though. Never stumped him this long before.

5 hours ago, SleeperService said:

SleeperDad would like to have a quite word in your ear @Nocoolname  @Rickoshea52 had a pretty interesting history my Dad can talk for weeks on the subject. Still trying to pin down the background to the 381 BG B-17 photos though. Never stumped him this long before.

A word in my ear... about Corrie? I'll take a rain check!

• Haha 2

• 10 months later...
56 minutes ago, WV908 said:

Rumour is that TanModel has effectively bowed out and that JetMads it supposedly run by the same people.

Cheers,

WV908

I hope that's not true as they had quite an impressive list of projects they were planning. The F-111 was and is on my wish list way up at the top.

I was under the impression Tan Model had finished and just faded away without announcement as they were trumpeting a 1/32 SU-33 about 12-18 months ago and even put up CAD and since then....zilch. You don't seem to be able to even locate their 1/48 kits anymore.

Are they still going....?

Gary

Last thing I read/heard is that they were concentrating on their home industry subjects like drones, tanks etc... not sure of course what was the driver behind that..

3 hours ago, SAT69 said:

I hope that's not true as they had quite an impressive list of projects they were planning. The F-111 was and is on my wish list way up at the top.

Some of these smaller manufacturers seem to like publishing great lists of super and wish list dream kits.

I always think then, that it's a bit like my to build from the stash list - impressive, full of hope and dazzle, but ultimately one doomed to failure!

Real shame if this Buccaneer project has gone as it looked like it would have been a superb kit, going off their Thunderflash kit.

Would another manufacturer pick it up? 

If I was Airfix I would be offering money for the design and CAD work!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 71chally said:

If I was Airfix I would be offering money for the design and CAD work!

Do they need to? Bit of tarting up of the detailing of their 72nd kit & they could have a winner.....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Do they need to? Bit of tarting up of the detailing of their 72nd kit & they could have a winner.....

I agree, and it is a superb kit, but their history of scaling up or down doesn't seem to be that great?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, exdraken said:

Last thing I read/heard is that they were concentrating on their home industry subjects like drones, tanks etc... not sure of course what was the driver behind that..

They do seem to be doing that, main reason I think it thats where the money was at the time and they are a business after all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 71chally said:

I agree, and it is a superb kit, but their history of scaling up or down doesn't seem to be that great?

Bit hit and miss really isn't it (where are my 72nd Sea Vixen and Javelin Airfix??!!), but they've done a few - Tiger Moth, Defiant, P-40, P-51D, Spit XIX, Gnat, Sabre F4, Lightning F2/6 (after 20 odd years!! And maybe from different research?) are some that spring to mind. In a perfect world wouldn't it be nice if they duplicated all their 'new' generation kits in both scales?!

Keith

• Like 4

When was the Airfix Bucc released? If it was too long ago there won't be CAD files to work from so they'd be starting from scratch again. Thats a big investment in time and effort so as with all projects they'd need to be certain of the market. That said, the Sea Vixen sold well so no reason a Bucc wouldn't.

8 minutes ago, Kallisti said:

When was the Airfix Bucc released? If it was too long ago there won't be CAD files to work from so they'd be starting from scratch again. Thats a big investment in time and effort so as with all projects they'd need to be certain of the market. That said, the Sea Vixen sold well so no reason a Bucc wouldn't.

But they've just done most of the work with their 72nd scale effort. Hopefully they'll scale the CAD up and release a 48th scale version. I live in hope.

On 6/14/2020 at 1:44 PM, WV908 said:

Rumour is that TanModel has effectively bowed out and that JetMads it supposedly run by the same people.

Cheers,

WV908

I thought the same at first, that they could be in some way related to Jetmads. So I asked both companies and they replied they are absolutely independent and even do not know each other. Jetmads' reply also stated they had announced a year ago (upon the same question) that they were a totally new brand and not attached to any other company or people before.

So it's a wrong rumour.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1