Tanmodel announce a 1/48th Buccaneer.

Acky190

Personally, I'd hold out for the 1/48 scale kit.

Although, a 1/72 build of F4, Bucc and Harrier RN types would make a lovely little trio all together.

I'm sure a 1/72 Bucc would sell well enough. But, I haven't built at that scale for many a year and will eagerly await a 1/48 kit.

• Like 1

A 1/48 kit would be great, but, for me, unlikely to be affordable.  A 1/72 should be manageable, and if the purchases were spaced out, several!  I would certainly want to do RN and RAF aircraft. 

On 10/9/2017 at 8:58 AM, Phantom Phil said:

As Tanmodel hoped to release this kit on this side of Christmas, all has gone quite....  A review in one of the modelling magazines like the Airfix Phantom is eagerly required 🙂

I think this post still stands

I'd like a titchy FAA one and a bigger desert pink RAF one, so am happy with one or both. 

Is the small Airfix offering, if I can find one, any good? (Not talking about the old S.1 with rotating weapons bay).

Tony

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 4:46 PM, tony.t said:

I'd like a titchy FAA one and a bigger desert pink RAF one, so am happy with one or both. 

Is the small Airfix offering, if I can find one, any good? (Not talking about the old S.1 with rotating weapons bay).

Tony

It's not too bad considering the age of the kit but I would look at including some resin parts to enhance the kit.  The air intakes for example aren't great and the nose profile is incorrect.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Speaking to Mel of S&M fame. He said that seeing Tanmodel have done nothing apart from 'announce' the Bucc, subject to them doing nothing by next year, he will look at a 1/72 issue himself. He has several other projects on the go at present - Another Canberra variant, Scout & Wasp, various decal sheets and a FV432 in development, which will keep him busy this year.

• Like 4

Well Tan Model are working on it, I have sent them some information ad dimensions from museum airframes.

Tanmodel had a couple of commercial projects for Turkish companies namely the 1.24 Bayraktar TB2 drone (review coming soon) and the Aselsan Korkut SSA display model. 

Now as good as their proposed projects are no company can say no to commercial projects. While they might delay the kits we want it gives them money in the bank to pursue other projects.

Julien

• Like 4

For those of you that don't use Facebook, Tanmodel updated there cover photo with a nice Buccaneer picture, hopefully this means there cracking on with the project....fingers crossed.

ScottC

On 6/26/2018 at 5:31 PM, Julien said:

Well Tan Model are working on it, I have sent them some information ad dimensions from museum airframes.

To be honest, I'd like to see Airfix turn their LIDAR on one. Maybe they already have???

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Just on their FB page;

Dear TANMODEL followers and our modeller friends;

First of all, happy New Year to everyone 🙂

We regret to inform you that we are unable to meet our deadline on the 1/72 and 1/48 scale Buccaneer S.Mk.2 and 1/32 Su-33 model kit projects as we promised previously.

We would like to offer our most sincere apologies for this inconvenience. Our manufacturing department (also our 3D design department for some external works) has been overwhelmed with excessive workload as the demand for one of our most popular item has exceeded our expectations and our stock is depleted.

However we happy to inform you that we are back on the track and reorganized our schedule.
And we will be delivering the new products as promised in 2019 year.

Our customers and followers are the highest priority and delivering the best quality customer service experince as well as the high-end quality products is our only goal.

We will also be announcing our next projects as well.

Once again, we would like to offer my apologies for the delay and the inconviniance we have caused.

Again, we wish you all a most pleasant New Year.

Regards,
TANMODEL™️ Plastic Model Kits Ltd.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, bootneck said:

That's good news Julien.  I'm not aware of Tan Models, any info on how good they are?

Mike

You mean you have not seen my reviews ? 

They have done a 1/72 Hurkus (Turkish AF Trainer), 1/48 RF-84 and a 1/24 Bayraktar TB2.

The Bayraktar TB2 is a new drone and the kit was produced for the manufacturer and has proved to be popular. They also had another industry job producing built models of the Aselsan Korkut SSA SPAAG.

Both of these jobs working with Turkish industrial partners took them away from the Buccaneer and Su-33. You cant blame them for that as it was all money in the bank for future projects.

Julien

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Julien said:

Just on their FB page;

"We will also be announcing our next projects as well" 

That would be very interesting, but isn't there already a long enough list of "next projects"? I count 12 next projects on their website, especially compared to the numbers of kits they have released.  At least the Buccaneer is literally on top of that list, I hope that would mean is going to be released first too! Really excited about it!

• 7 months later...

There was a post today on a Facebook aviation art group I'm a member of, from the artist who has been commisioned by Tan Models to do the Bucc box art. Two very nice digital (I think) paintings, so looks like the kit might be released soonish....

• Like 2

On 8/8/2019 at 2:47 PM, keefr22 said:

There was a post today on a Facebook aviation art group I'm a member of, from the artist who has been commisioned by Tan Models to do the Bucc box art. Two very nice digital (I think) paintings, so looks like the kit might be released soonish....

The artwork was done a year or so back (Bucc over Lossiemouth??) so I wouldn't get excited...

5 hours ago, hairystick said:

The artwork was done a year or so back (Bucc over Lossiemouth??) so I wouldn't get excited..

OK, well he posted it again on the Aviation Art group page yesterday, so maybe, or maybe not, it'll appear soonish!!

And I've long since stopped getting excited by new plastic model releases, it's bad for my blood pressure.... :)

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Rickoshea52 said:

That doesn’t look like Lossiemouth to me. 

It's not, its RAF Wethersfield according to a post earlier in the thread, someone with local knowledge.