Tanmodel announce a 1/48th Buccaneer.

Acky190

1 minute ago, Class377fcc12 said:

Yeah that one. £70 seems a bit steep to me though :D

Hasegawa top dollar pricing, you may be able to get it a bit cheaper elswhere

4 hours ago, Wez said:

I'm hoping they sell out before I succumb.

An 892 NAS reissue is the one I'm fishing for, but for sixty quid (yes, I know, dream on). I may have to make do with a 1/72 Airfix offering next year as the 1/32 Hong Kong Models version is unlikely to happen in my lifetime. 

But great news on the Buccaneer front.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2016 at 3:31 AM, Wez said:

It's a shame the 1/72nd kit got bumped in favour of the 1/48th kit by the failing sighted, fumbling fingers brigade :tease:

You refer to the "can get far more detail into it" and "don't have to stand so close to actually see it" scale?:D

Good on Tanmodel for sorting out The Correct Scale production first of all. Undoubtedly the 1:72nd scale will benefit from any lessons learned from this production.

There are a few new images of the CAD work on Tanmodel's farcebook page. The rotating bomb bay looks rather tasty!

On 17.12.2016 at 7:39 PM, 71chally said:

I've never paid more than £25 for a Hasegawa Brit Phantom, they are about!

Edit,

You can get them from Hobbylink Japan for £25 brand new, http://hlj.com/product/HSG07441

Then you add 10 for shipping and 15 for customs.....minimum

Looking forward to Tan Models Bucc!

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Nice to see Tanmodel, very nice to see. Please keep it coming. Want at least one.

Great looking fuselage shape and probe, etc.

I realise that you're in the design phase and that it might be an optical illusion here, but in case it's not and no one else mentions it, I just wanted to remind you (I'm sure you probably know already) that

the bulged fairings on the fuselage sides inboard of the engine intakes start forward of the intakes themselves (roughly in line vertically with the bottom of the centre partition in the canopy).

They appear slightly set back here (like I said could be an illusion).

Also, if you do want it to be a really super rendition, please, please do the offset seats and offset MDC in the canopy?

Thanks, Bob.:yes:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bobsyouruncle said:

Nice to see Tanmodel, very nice to see. Please keep it coming. Want at least one.

Great looking fuselage shape and probe, etc.

I realise that you're in the design phase and that it might be an optical illusion here, but in case it's not and no one else mentions it, I just wanted to remind you (I'm sure you probably know already) that

the bulged fairings on the fuselage sides inboard of the engine intakes start forward of the intakes themselves (roughly in line vertically with the bottom of the centre partition in the canopy).

They appear slightly set back here (like I said could be an illusion).

Also, if you do want it to be a really super rendition, please, please do the offset seats and offset MDC in the canopy?

Thanks, Bob.:yes:

Note that not all Buccaneer S2's had the bulged fairings you mention , study of photos of early S2s show that some are as the Tan Models illustration. Examples lacking the bulged fairings are XN974,XT286, XV153 and XW986 in " Rasberry Ripple scheme " amongst others.

Andrew

• Like 3

Note that not all Buccaneer S2's had the bulged fairings you mention , study of photos of early S2s show that some are as the Tan Models illustration. Examples lacking the bulged fairings are XN974,XT286, XV153 and XW986 in " Rasberry Ripple scheme " amongst others.

Hi Andrew, thanks for drawing my attention to that. 

One of the things I love about researching a model project is that you find out so much about the real thing.

I've just been looking at Andy Whites excellent Buccaneer website (see link below)

http://www.blackburn-buccaneer.co.uk/0_Contents.html

From this I think we're talking about 'Mod 1059' which Andy says was apparently introduced to reduce noise in the cockpit.

Was it just early photos of these aircraft you were talking about?

I've just looked at photos of the aircraft you've listed and can see the fairings on three of them in later photos (XN974, XT286 and XW986) but have seen one earlier shot of XV153 without them.

Cheers Bob.

Just a quick edit:-

Reading on further on Andy's website (see link to page here)

http://www.blackburn-buccaneer.co.uk/Pages3_files/Detailing_Index.html?

It's here referred to as Mod 1044. 

It says S2s 1965 to 1968 didn't have the fairings and S2s from late 1968 onwards did have them.

What a treasure trove of information that site is.

Edited by bobsyouruncle
Extra information found
  • Like 1

Looking forward to this.  Need to find some 208 Sqn decals so I can do a build to go w/ my squadron sticker I've acquired.  I may have to wait for the 1/72 release, as thus far that has been the only scale I've seen the decals in.  Regardless, it'll be nice to have a proper kit of this unique bird.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, helios16v said:

Looking forward to this.  Need to find some 208 Sqn decals so I can do a build to go w/ my squadron sticker I've acquired.  I may have to wait for the 1/72 release, as thus far that has been the only scale I've seen the decals in.  Regardless, it'll be nice to have a proper kit of this unique bird.

I daresay a certain model shop in East Anglia will provide you with something there, after all they picked up all of the old Modeldecal sheets and there's lots of very useful information there on RAF and FAA  colour schemes.

Anyway, Tanmodel provided a brilliant decal sheet with their RF-84F so there's no reason to expect they won't do likewise with their Bucc.

• Like 1

Dear forum members and our modeller friends;

We have refined and improved our already liked ejection seat of 1/48 scale Blackburn Buccaneer S.Mk.2A/B. We are working hard to provide you the best, enjoy it :smile:

Regards,

TANMODEL™ Plastic Model Kits Ltd.

Buccaneer-Pilot%20Seat-01.jpg

Buccaneer-Pilot%20Seat-02.jpg

Buccaneer-Pilot%20Seat-03.jpg

Thanks for your kind interest.

• Like 15

On 15/03/2017 at 5:00 PM, andy wood said:

Looking at the comments on Tanmodels Facebook page, they are not ruling this out in 1/32 as well!!!!! 

1/32 would be great !! more my scale but the 1/48 is going on my wish list too.

Guy

Tanmodels really are listening to us. Tanmodels, if you are reading this, don't forget the leg guards on the rear seat were splayed open when the Martel TV unit was fitted to just between the navigators' legs