Tanmodel announce a 1/48th Buccaneer.

Acky190

Hi all,

Just announced on their Facebook page, Tanmodel are to produce a 1/48th Blackburn Buccaneer to complement their previously announced 1/72nd kit! Let the good times roll, I may even be tempted into one. No news on which version but I imagine that we can expect the RAF S.2B first probably followed by the RN S.2 and maybe even an S.1 in the future if you are lucky.

Cheers Alex

• Like 6

Excellent news

From their page,

"Dear TANMODEL followers and our modeller friends;
We received countless e-mail and Facebook messages after we published the CAD picture of 1/72 scale Blacburn Buccaneer S.Mk.2 design on our Facebook page; therefore, we are happy to announce that we have decided to realize 1/48 Buccaneer project, as well.

We are continuing our work on 1/72 Buccaneer. We would be glad if you could tell us which scale you prefer primarily before the last quarter of 2016."

They are even giving us the choice, have to say mine would by 48th followed very quickly by 72nd!

I wonder if this is project '#2304'?!

Edited by 71chally
  • Like 1

Great news I though they might do this.

Note they are asking for Buccaneer experts to contact them if they want to support the project.

Most people so far have gone for 1/48th scale :)

Time to start attacking the SoD I think!

Edited by Tbolt

Great news I would go for a 1/48 or two !

Guy

Whilst I'm pleased TanModel have decided to release a 1/48th Bucc' I'd be disappointed if it was at the expense of the 1/72nd one first!

I'd only ever buy one 1/48th Bucc', but at least 8 1/72nd ones.

• Like 2

Whilst I'm pleased TanModel have decided to release a 1/48th Bucc' I'd be disappointed if it was at the expense of the 1/72nd one first!

Look at is this way, the 1/72nd scale kit might end up being better if they learn something from the 1/48th scale one :) I'd probably only by one 1/48th scale kit as well and maybe three or four 1/72nd scale ones.

Edited by Tbolt

Result!

May I suggest that there be two options please?

One boxful with all the bells,whistles,sirens and attention getters that the aftermarket seekers want.

Another boxful which is just the basic airframe as stood on its legs on the ground with no opened panels or anything much that us non detailers would blench at dealing with.

I would like to make one of each colour scheme and squadron marking.By my reckoning that would be seventeen of these beauties but I don't want to fart about closing up panels and fitting unnecessary bulkheads.

I have no wish to piddle on someones bonfire but there must be a method of arranging the tooling to accommodate both ways of building this.

In the meantime 1/48th Buccaneer-Bring her on!!! :thumbsup::yahoo:

Edited by Alex Gordon
  • Like 6

Be still my beating heart! Buccaneer experts step forward this could mean the start of something great! Manufacturers realising that listening to the customers is a very good thing but then AMK Martin and TanModel already know.

As to how many in 48th well I'd like several need to count up exactly how many.

Same here.

Only zero 1/48 and about five or six 1/72.

Look at is this way, the 1/72nd scale kit might end up being better if they learn something from the 1/48th scale one :) I'd probably only by one 1/48th scale kit as well and maybe three or four 1/72nd scale ones.

After an assured success with the 48th scale Bucc, will there still be enough impetus for them to release a 72nd scale one at all? Just wondering out loud.

Jay

very much appreciated info!

a 1/48 bucc!

i don'r know how many Gulf schemes have in decals form, but quite some i#d like to build...

quite an interesting, but also big plane! one of the few that were deveoped as a carrier plane and than were even more succesful land based!

time to say goodby to the Airfix one? or the right moment to get one at a reasonable price?? :devil:

• Like 1

a 1/48 bucc!

i don'r know how many Gulf schemes have in decals form, but quite some i#d like to build...

quite an interesting, but also big plane! one of the few that were deveoped as a carrier plane and than were even more succesful land based!

time to say goodby to the Airfix one? or the right moment to get one at a reasonable price?? :devil:

All the Buccaneers that flew in the Gulf have appeared in decal form in 1/48th and 1/72nd, mainly by the now defunct Aviation Workshop and some by Xtradecal..

• Like 1

All the Buccaneers that flew in the Gulf have appeared in decal form in 1/48th and 1/72nd, mainly by the now defunct Aviation Workshop and some by Xtradecal..

thanks, yes, some spelling mistakes made my post confusing, sorry!

i have Kitsworld decals which to me seem quite comprehensive, as well as an Xtradecals sheet.

http://www.kitsworld.co.uk/index.php?CATEGORY=4&SUB=21

so I am definitely interested in more than one kit...

I love it when someone announces a new kit like this, you can almost hear the howl of despair from those who have been looking forward to getting a frankly outrageous amount of money for something that isn't actually a brilliant kit but is discontinued. Tanmodel have swooped in at the perfect moment here, I just hope that they do the old girl justice.

• Like 5

From their Facebook post:

'We will first prepare 1/48 scale Buccaneer for you, then we will launch our 1/72 scale kit into the market on an appropriate date.'

An appropriate date? What does that mean?

Jay

From their Facebook post:

'We will first prepare 1/48 scale Buccaneer for you, then we will launch our 1/72 scale kit into the market on an appropriate date.'

An appropriate date? What does that mean?

Jay

Tomorrow....yey!!!!!!!!