Belkits VW Polo WRC

Hi everyone,

Another build completed so I thought id post up the pics!

This is the cracking Kit from Belkits of the VW Polo WRC, I have already built the Fiesta and Pug 207 and have the Skoda in my stash, but have been itching to build this sine it was released!

The kit goes together really well and everything fits great. I even made the proper seat belts for the first time ever and boy are they fiddly!! The instructions are a bit of a faf at times, but its all manageable.

The model was painted as always with Zero Paints and finished with their 2K Clear.

All in all im pretty pleased with results, one of the headlight lenses didnt go on quite right and I managed to damage one of the VW badges :weep: which has annoyed me but im still pretty chuffed and it looks great along side my other rally cars!

Anyway, here are the pics, any comments greatly appreciated.

DSC_0638.jpg

DSC_0637.jpg

DSC_0636.jpg

DSC_0635.jpg

DSC_0634.jpg

DSC_0633.jpg

DSC_0631.jpg

DSC_0630.jpg

DSC_0629.jpg

DSC_0628.jpg

0979CD26-F271-47AB-852D-6BAB503E9E59.jpg

AE79A85D-424C-4C94-BAE9-51DBD9039310.jpg

DSC_0553.jpg

DSC_0552.jpg

DSC_0550.jpg

F00D87DF-6EE8-451E-AA8B-31D6A7F1A5CE.jpg

DSC_0556.jpg

DSC_0557.jpg

DSC_0559.jpg

DSC_0561.jpg

Thanks for looking

Matt

• Like 10

Very very smart - liking that. Know what you mean about the belts and wow, don't they go a long way back for their anchor point!?!!

Guess the Beastie Boys fans nicked the rear VW badge (no, I did read your comment!)

Thanks for showing Matt.

Cheers

Rick

Thats looks really good . I personally prefer the early white colour schemes . The current dark blue never really stands out for me . Great to see Kris Meeke and Craig Breen doing so well in Finland BTW .

Gary .

Thanks for all the comments. :D

I am well chuffed with finished model and would definitely recommend the kit to anyone with an interest in Rally Cars.

On to the next one now, with a bit more old school DTM flavour this time! :winkgrin:

That looks really good Matt.

I have this kit in the stash too.

Belkits are releasing 2 new versions of the polo later this year I believe. The 2015 and 2016 ones. Oh my xmas list is getting longer haha.

Ashley

Same here.

Looks great.

Did the rollcage play you up when installing the bodyshell over it.

On the Fiesta it was a pain to get the shell over the rollcage.

Im hoping Belkits will make a Hyundai & DS3 to go with the Polo & Fiesta.

Nice work,

Wayne.

Looks great.

Did the rollcage play you up when installing the bodyshell over it.

On the Fiesta it was a pain to get the shell over the rollcage.

Im hoping Belkits will make a Hyundai & DS3 to go with the Polo & Fiesta.

Nice work,

Wayne.

Hi Wayne,

The Body actually went over perfectly. I always build the rollcages up complete and then install it in the car as an assembly rather than follow the instructions if that makes sense?!

But i agree about the Fiesta, that was a bit of a pig to get the body down nicely

I too hope they do a Hyundai aswell that would be good. Ive built the Heller DS3 and that is quite a nice kit.

Thanks for looking

Matt

I think Belkits uploaded some pics from a hyundai service to their fb a while back. So maybe they are looking at developing a kit. I'm also following a small company on fb that are currently working on a resin kit of the i20. I think they are called V modeller. They are also supposes to be working on a kit of the group B Mazda rx7.

Ashley

• 1 year later...
On 03/03/2018 at 10:57 PM, Flipper said:

Very nice build mate. I’m in the process of building the 2016 version. Quick question mate. Did you build the roll cage separately and place it in, or did you build it in the car.

Thanks Flipper,

Im pretty sure I put the cage together first and then painted it and fitted it to the car, the dash can be 'squeezed' in afterwards I think.

I like to put the cages together on rally cars first, just seems to make a nicer job.

Hope that helps!

Cheers

Matt

On 05/03/2018 at 8:52 AM, vrsmatt99 said:

Thanks Flipper,

Im pretty sure I put the cage together first and then painted it and fitted it to the car, the dash can be 'squeezed' in afterwards I think.

I like to put the cages together on rally cars first, just seems to make a nicer job.

Hope that helps!

Cheers

Matt

Cheers Matt, that’s great, I’m still a bit off from that stage. If you are on Facebook have a look at my site DH Modelworx and you’ll see pics of my build. I’ve still to add build pics on here.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

That looks just like my Polo 1.4 TDI 😂

Great work - they never should've stopped rallying this one!