Boeing Centennial GB - 13 More Needed!

POTKC

Is this in 1:144 or one of Heller's weird scales?

The BUFF is always there, watching, daring you to build it...will you be brave enough to accept the challenge? (Coming soon to theaters near you)

The Heller B707 kit is 1/72 Alexander :D

• Like 1

A couple of Britmodellers have been able to get hold of the 707's.

It's here on the Heller site, but currently sold out:

http://www.heller.fr/en/new-products/479-boeing-b-707-af-3279510000000.html?search_query=707&results=3

Nice model :)

Tony

Clarification/approval regarding acquired designs (specifically regarding the McDonnell Douglas acquisition in 1997).

F/A-18 - I'm going with the assumption the A/B are out as production of those models ceased prior to the Boeing acquisition of McDD. C/D varients were produced until 2000, so I'm guessing those along w/ the E/F/G may have a green light?

F-15 - I'm guessing A/B/C/D are out as production of the C/D ended in 1985. But with E production continuing until 2001, I'm guessing it may be good to go?

Cheers.

Welcome, Alexey! I'll be happy to allow the Tu-4. I think I'll add a rule saying that stolen/reverse-engineered designs will also be allowed. By the way, does anyone know if there's a kit of the Shanghai Y-10 available anywhere?

That would probably work, with some drastic modification of the windscreen and other alterations. No precise diagrams are available and there are very few images, but I guess it would be possible. It's an interesting challenge, but not one I would attempt for a GB due to time constraints! :banghead:

This is what it looks like:

111207_3.jpg

(Image credit: www.planes.cz, presented for reference only)

Looks sort of like a 707-100 with a different nose and tail. The engines would also need some modification - China used JT3Ds purchased as spares, kept the pylon shape the same as the 707, but did not install turbocompressors - therefore the little intakes at the front of the pylons would need to be sanded down to a more smooth shape. But that's all for a future thread.

• Like 2

Could be in for this, as f-15s and 18s are elligible, was also coincidently briefly high bidder on a AMT kc135 earlier, maybe I'd build one of them, in fact makes sense, build a Lakenheath eagle for next years STGB and have it refulling off a mildenhall tanker is built for this :)

• Like 1

Ray, you've really got your own example of every plane that comes up in conversation! It's amazing!

What can I say, I have a big stash and quite a few finished!

Super, making me want to rebid on the one on ebay...mustn't though think Ill be dead if thats delivered let alone ones I'm spotted building such a Leviathan

I have another R in the stash along with a couple of As, an E and a couple of RC-135s.... Not sure where they will all go if they are ever built.

• Like 1

Super, making me want to rebid on the one on ebay...mustn't though think Ill be dead if thats delivered let alone ones I'm spotted building such a Leviathan

What about converting an Airfix 707 using Braz or AA CFM-56s? That would be an interesting one to watch!

I've decided that there will be a prize for the winner of the GB, and possibly for second and third place as well, although I'm not sure. If anyone whould kind enough to tell me how this works, I'd be very grateful. I'll go about arranging sponsorship or donations if the GB is voted in for next year. (Speaking of which, can we get 14 more before November?)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Might post in the F-15 STGB, see if we can get them to support this, have two GB's of time to build F-15's Next year:) 

I tried that in the 737 STGB thread, since STGB slots are all taken up until...2018 was it? No one replied though.