Boeing Centennial GB - 13 More Needed!

POTKC

The Premise:

So here's the idea. Boeing turns 100 this year, and is, depending on who you ask (silly Airbus fans) one of the best aircraft manufacturers in the world. Over the last 100 years, they have built thousands of planes, and designed countless different military and civilian models. So why not take the Boeing Centennial as an opportunity to celebrate the beauty and power of their aeronautical creations?

The Rules:

1. All GB entries must be aircraft, and must have been designed by Boeing.
  2. Aircraft may be airliners, fighters, bombers, anything you wish. Even spaceships, such as the CST-100, are allowed.
  3. Collaborations, such as the Bell-Boeing V-22 Osprey, are also allowed. Larger projects which somehow included Boeing are also allowed.
  4. Designs Boeing inherited from other manufacturers, such as the Boeing 717, are allowed. This does not work backwards - eg. a DC-8 will not be allowed, as it was built long before Douglas became part of the Boeing Company. If unsure about something, consult GB hosts for guidance.
  5. Aircraft made under license by other manufacturers, as well as stolen/reverse-engineered designs are allowed.
  6. Spacecraft, such as the CST-100 Starliner, are allowed.
  7. Designs which where never built are allowed (mostly because I really want to build a B2707)
  8. Aircraft which have not yet been built/flown, such as the 777X or the 787-10, are allowed.
  9. All GB members must have tons of fun while building their models!

Supporters:

1. POTKC
  2. tomprobert
  3. theplasticsurgeon
  4. Jabba
  5. Paul J
  6. TonyTiger66
  7. SleeperService
  8. TrojanThunder
  9. snapper_city
  10. CliffB
  11. S48
  12. helios16v
  13. Caerbannog
  14. Dazzio
  15. Pin
  16. PhantomBigStu
  17. Jessica

Addendum:

Post your thoughts on this below - there should be some interest in a Boeing GB, right? Right? Right?

Disclaimer:

This is my first time ever (yay!) suggesting a GB, so if I'm doing something wrong (boo!) feel free to shout at me. Constructively. :thumbsup:

Edited by POTKC
  • Like 2

I reckon this could be great. Lots of bombers and airliners plus a couple fighters and helos. Maybe we should seriously consider British Aircraft Manufacturers in future Centennial GBs.

I'm in.

Smashing idea! I need a prod to build my Heller C-135. It's been in storage for so long there's only the front of the box left and parts are flopping around everywhere in a plastic bag. It needs saving :)

Count me in :thumbsup2:

Best regards

Tony

• Like 1

Great to see this much interest! As I said I've never suggested a GB before, so could someone please enlighten me - is it 25 or 30 people needed, and would (with enough support) this be included in voting for 2017 or would it have to wait for 2018?

I reckon this could be great. Lots of bombers and airliners plus a couple fighters and helos. Maybe we should seriously consider British Aircraft Manufacturers in future Centennial GBs.

I'm in.

British manufacturers would also be a must. And perhaps an Airbus silver anniversary GB in four years time?

Edited by POTKC
  • Like 1

Alexander, I think you need to start a list of proposed participants in you original thread to keep track of who is interested. See other GB suggestion threads as to what I mean.

Also a subtle bump :D.

Ah yes, shall do.

• Like 1

Maybe.....pending timing.

I've got a B-47E in the stash I picked up at a model show earlier this year.....or I might twist my arm and spring for one of those new fangled stealth jobs (F-22) if I can find a deal on the right kit.

Maybe.....pending timing.

I've got a B-47E in the stash I picked up at a model show earlier this year.....or I might twist my arm and spring for one of those new fangled stealth jobs (F-22) if I can find a deal on the right kit.

Ahhh, the those new fangled stealth jobs are made by Lockheed Martin, so not eligible. Though you could go for that ugly XF-32 Boeing proposed.

Ahhh, the those new fangled stealth jobs are made by Lockheed Martin, so not eligible. Though you could go for that ugly XF-32 Boeing proposed.

The F-22 was a joint venture between Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics & Boeing. The YF-23 was likewise a joint venture between Northrup & Lockheed during the ATF competition.

So as long as I'm reading the rules right, it would fall under Rule #3 - Collaborations.

Edited by helios16v
  • Like 2

The F-22 was a joint venture between Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics & Boeing. The YF-23 was likewise a joint venture between Northrup & Lockheed during the ATF competition.

So as long as I'm reading the rules right, it would fall under Rule #3 - Collaborations.

You're correct, the F-22 is perfectly within the rules.

Well if it is a group build I am certainly in. ;-)

Maybe a Hasegawa B-47 or a Heller 707 (if it is rereleased this year as announced and if I buy one Edit: It is already released!) or their SST proposal 2707 (Revell double kit).

René

I'm still likely to lean towards the B-47, assuming I can get the resin bits I want.

But I enjoy the whole planning and researching options bit of it too. Keeps my brain working in between tasks at work. :lol:

.....and then there is always the BUFF.....

Edited by helios16v

...or a Heller 707...

Is this in 1:144 or one of Heller's weird scales?

.....and then there is always the BUFF.....

The BUFF is always there, watching, daring you to build it...will you be brave enough to accept the challenge? (Coming soon to theaters near you)