Thanks Guys.

Managed to get some paint in the cabins of both. The grey isn't much different from the primer so didn't look much different, but I've masked and painted what I think is anti slip paint on the floor which adds a nice contrast. Nothing worthy of a photo update but hope to get some red on the seats tomorrow and maybe some of the pre-painted etch fitted as well. Oh, also made up some life rafts for the 212 (bit of card, wrapped in kitchen foil. Painted yellow and currently drying.

Cheers

Aaron

• Like 2

Ask and you shall receive.

Firstly, I ordered a new cutting mat (A2) and a daylight LED lamp which arrived yesterday and today, respectively. Pleased with both but what a difference the lamp makes!

My efforts of last night and this evening.

The 212

Still a fair fit of etch and detail painting to complete then the wash and pigments but seats painted red (I'll be touching up the bits I messed up with grey, don't you worry). collective & cyclics painted but some little details to add to the latter. yaw pedals (etch) fitted and some of the inst panel parts too. below is just a dry fit to see how it all goes together.

29217469056_94aba6e607_z.jpg

29217467206_ddcb3f89bc_z.jpg

life rafts painted, varnished with alclad aqua gloss (my favourite) then sand flory wash (oh and some etch belts from the UH-1B set added). Some highlights to add and I'll probably tone down the wash a bit but pleased enough for what will be seen of them. The small windows have also be fitted to the doors but the rafts have not yet been glued into position.

inside

29172920381_c376f18797_z.jpg

and outside

29172917941_c6952cf2df_z.jpg

and a dry fit to see how it all looks. I'm liking it but as I said, still a fair bit of work to complete before I can glue and join it all together.

29217458656_0d316b2325_z.jpg

29217456756_bd2eefd924_z.jpg

as for the 205, similar to above. Painting ongoing, few bits of etch fitted but still a bit to do.

28963400890_d4afe375da_z.jpg

thanks for looking

Aaron

** Edit** you can see in one of the pics and I can't recall if I mentioned but the SARBE (beacon) has been fitted to the fuselage. this is a resin piece from the Whirlybirds set.

• Like 9

Thank you all very much. I'm a bit modelled out after the blitz build GB! Might be a day or two before I get back on this, I also would like to complete a spitfire MK.22 that is about 90% complete.

• Like 2

Cheers Paul.

How long ago where you offshore?

current state of play with the 212.

Shiny shiny. seat belts from Eduard, designed for C-47 (the troop seats that is, the pilot seatbelt so are from the Eduard 212 set); handy set to have so I have two sets and will probably get more. painting now done but noted a few bits that need a touch up. coated in alclad aqua gloss, hence the shine. this helped hide the glue marks too. will give it a wash and dirty and dull it up a bit next.

29293377002_728c8aa414_z.jpg

28777342744_f86851095e_z.jpg

main inst panel is not yet glued.

cheers

Aaron

• Like 6

applied a Mig black wash yesterday and today I enjoyed a bit of al fresco modelling in the sun (quite a rarity in these parts).

cleaned up the wash and added some dry brushed highlights then a spray of testors dull cote from the rattle can. the latter seemed to react to something and some of the paint looked like it was flaking but it has dried okay. One of my gloves managed to brush against a bit of light blue paint and smudged it so will have to tidy that up but only a small section which isn't too bad. I think I will add some dust / pigments to the floor as it looks a bit too clean.

28807132543_d48c66d9c9_z.jpg

29140539710_c05c932272_z.jpg

roof bit. headset cables are my usual method of thin wire (from some ribbon cable) coiled around brass rod (0.3mm) then pulled apart gently.

29394528546_84557a10a2_z.jpg

and now follows some gratuitous dry fit shots. I note that the cab piece naturally sits forward of where it should so will have to take care when gluing together.

28807147703_eaf20e6abc_z.jpg

28807123883_9dabaf3f78_z.jpg

28807164313_dbc075ccbd_z.jpg

29140530090_0979e9fc3c_z.jpg

29394480196_2a11c48a44_z.jpg

you may note some filler on the engine fairings. Applied that today and will sand back when dry.

thanks for looking

cheers

Aaron

• Like 7

I've also been carrying on with the 205. Few bits of the PE fitted and playing about with the pilot figure (from PJ productions transport pilots set).

he's temporarily stuck in place with some white glue, this is to help with the placement of the seatbelts and also his arms. From the photos I've found there appears to only be one pilot; so the seat belts in the other seat - are they fastened or just left to flop about? do I have them draped on the floor?

29398676156_6de94642c3_z.jpg

29398674876_33bec53b84_z.jpg

cheers

Aaron

• Like 5

yeah, makes a lot of sense, I think I had already talked my self into that but wanted to make sure. I don't think anyone would appreciate a dunt on the head from a belt buckle... Cheers for the advice

• Like 1

Cheers Paul.

How long ago where you offshore?

Short answer; Never. I worked onshore completions in South America for about 9 months over a decade ago. Courtesy of a bit of nepotism.

I've considered going back to it, but almost my entire extended circle of family friends are involved in the industry (all foreign, onshore work) and there are few homes amongst them left unbroken. I was often quite a miserable child due to the constant moving and it ended my parent's marriage too. I don't wish to subject my daughter or partner to that. I imagine it's a mite different on the rigs though.

Anyway: Models and that. Excellent work on the interiors, it's so neat and cleanly done. A perfect miniature reproduction.

• Like 1

Gawd blimey O reiley, I turn my back for 5 minutes Aaron, and you've nearly got her built up!

Interior is looking stunning, but my stars, it's small. Either that or you have giant monster hands!

Keep it up chap.

Matt

• Like 1