SU-30MKK PLAAF - 1/72 Trumpeter

Hello!

Let me intruduce my 1/72nd Trumpeter "G" Flanker from the PLAAF.

At sunday late night I've finished this project.
I am not 100% satisfied with the kit itself and neither with the result of my job, but I am happy to see this giant in my cabinet.

However its a farly nice model kit, its not precise enough for me. Actually it had a lot of irritating issues with the accuracy of the details. Or the lack of the details. Either the armament is chaotic!
If You want to build a Flnaker it'll do it, but if you want to build an accurate SU-30 MKK, well... as we say: tie up your pants.

But I also have to say that the fitting wasn't bad at all.

I would give a 7 on a scale up to 10.

And here you are the pictures:

P1070602.jpg

For the details of the construction, visit: '&do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

• Like 10

look Great to me, I wanted to Build another Su-30MKI however there is no such kits and modifying heller Su-27UB to Mki was a tremendous task. Maybe mkk might do, the tail and canard will be another huge task.

I've converted the Trumpeter Su-30MKK into a Su-30SM (which is, essentially the same thing)......

Su-30sm_026.JPG

The hardest part is making the TVC nozzles - if only someone would do a resin set !

I used the Heller Su-27UB years ago (before Trumpeter's MKK was released) - to make my Su-30MKI and Su-30MKM

Happy Flankering...

Ken

• Like 1

I've converted the Trumpeter Su-30MKK into a Su-30SM (which is, essentially the same thing)......

Su-30sm_026.JPG

The hardest part is making the TVC nozzles - if only someone would do a resin set !

I used the Heller Su-27UB years ago (before Trumpeter's MKK was released) - to make my Su-30MKI and Su-30MKM

Happy Flankering...

Ken

That is Out freaking Gorgeous, I have a Heller one arriving, once it come will look at your guide and build another one, last time when i made from heller kits was bit difficult for me. My rendition from Heller Su-27UB to MKI

su_30.jpg

Edited by tomthounaojam