Buddy Build AMK 1/48 Kfir

Hi All

Three of us here on BM' Lloyd King, Sean Middleton and myself, have decided to get together and build the AMK 1/48 Kfir

All three aircraft will be from The First Fighter Squadron

My build will be a C2 Kfir tail number 855, using the Wingman Models Israeli decals, Eduard Canopy Masks, Master Model Pitot Tube and possible some of the Eduard Photo Etch set, Paint will be from the Hataka Israeli Paint Set 1970 Desert Colors

IMG_2217.jpg

IMG_2226.jpg

IMG_2236.jpg

IMG_2245.jpg

IMG_2246.jpg

IMG_2252.jpg

IMG_2255.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

IMG_2264.jpg

IMG_2267.jpg

IMG_2273.jpg

IMG_2275.jpg

IMG_2281.jpg

IMG_2282.jpg

IMG_2287.jpg

• Like 3

Be careful with the nose...Its diameter is not the same as the body where it is supposed to be glued...My approach was to glue each each half to each side and then adjust it, but maybe this is a problem with my kit only

I have been working away trying to catch up to Lloyd, and I think I have just about done it

Got the cockpit finished

Noses glued to the fuselage

Exhaust made up and painted, just need to some more work to end

Mk82's made up

Wing tanks made up

Made good the insert to the underside of the fuselage, just used 10 and 20 thou strips to fill the gaps

IMG_2314.jpg

IMG_2316.jpg

IMG_2318.jpg

IMG_2319.jpg

IMG_2321.jpg

IMG_2324.jpg

IMG_2328.jpg

IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2332.jpg

• Like 4

Be careful with the nose...Its diameter is not the same as the body where it is supposed to be glued...My approach was to glue each each half to each side and then adjust it, but maybe this is a problem with my kit only

The step is supposed to be there (on the bottom). It is there on the real aircraft.

Jens

The step is supposed to be there (on the bottom). It is there on the real aircraft.

Jens

There was a step also on the sides in my kit, that is the reason I decided to glue the nose's halves to each side first, then no step to putty and sand where it is more visible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the batteries in my camera died on me and I was to lazy to go get new ones. I have been making good progress on the C2 all the decals are on and have sprayed the flat coat. a little bit more and this one will be finished.

100_8726_zpsucuxtdiq.jpg

100_8727_zpscggwz4nd.jpg

• Like 5