1.144TH Postwar Lancaster advice needed.

max39

Hi guys and gals.

Been bitten by the Lancaster postwar service bug.Tony otoole has been kind with info in 72nd.I wouldnt mind doing say a maritime lancaster in this scale.Im a real novice when it comes to Lancasters and have bought one book.Would any of you good people know of any decals suitable in this scale?,Maybe one of you has made such a beast.

Any help much appreciated.

Richard

Hi Richard,

You may find the the maritime reconnaissance decals produced by S & M Models will be of help. They give assorted markings for M R aircraft , but no roundels. Have a look on their web site?

Hope this helps.

John

Many thanks Guys for you advice.Thinking maybe i will scan 1/72nd squadron badges in and reduce on printer so i can at least do the Lancaster badges like the Heron etc.Like Tony advices cobble some roundels etc from other sheets in1/144th.

MUCH APPRECIATED GUYS.

Richard

I was going to suggest that probably the best way is to scan and reduce down a set of 1:72 decals (which is well covered).

I have a few 1:72nd options which I can gladly scan and send to you.

You might find someone with the 1:144 CMR Shackleton decals which could be adapted to cover the all over dark sea grey Lancs - but along shot.

Other than that it is finding generic 1:144 sheets with D type roundels and serials/codes.

Hi Chally.

Thank you for your help.Many thanks for the offer of scans for 72nd sheets that i can reduce.That is awfully decent of you and id like that which is a great help to me.Will seek out the codes/Roundels on generic sheets.

Will p.m you my e.mail

Many thanks indeed.

Richard

Hi Mate.

Im very interested in the Martime lancasters at St Mawgan.Im hoping to do a couple 1.44th Lancasters in Maritime markings and a couple of 1.72nd versions eventually.Thought id start with the smaller scale for starters.

Cheers again.

Richard.

Snap! Have a raft of Lancasters and decals to go for St Mawgan Lancs. Luckily I also have the Hasegawa post-war Lancaster kit with that lovely painting on the front.

72nd is going to be more straightforward than 144th for sure.

I do have some archive shots, so let me know when you start on the project.

I thought about buying the grey Hasegawa postwar kit but it was £67 from e.bay u.s.a so bit rich for my pocket.A mate has got me some lincoln type rudders and lifeboat so i may do an ASR version maybe .I guess treaded wheels in 1.144th scale might be tricky to get.Mel at s and m models says his sheet in 1.144th scale has some postwar red letters so could be an option.D. type decals could be found maybe in say victor sheets in that small scale maybe.I go to a few model shows now and again so its always good to keep eyes open for bits n bobs.

Cheers.

Richard.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Marek for that.Much appreciated.

Richard.

Richard, I may be able to help.

I print decals using an Oki DP5000 microdry printer (Oki's version of the ALPS MD5000), so could print some 1/144 sets for you.

I already have some 1/72 artwork for a St Eval post war Lancaster that can be scaled down.

Drop me a PM if you're interested.

XVTonker