1/144 Aer Lingus Boeing 737-200

Another from my plane spotting past, Aer Lingus 737-200s were a regular feature at Heathrow during the late 70's and early 80's so it was inevitable that I'd have to build one!

It's a Daco 737-300 converted into a -200. I've never really liked the -3/4/500s but have a few Daco kits in the stash so they'll all be converted eventually. The engines are from Authentic Airliners and the nose wheels are from the Airfix 737.

Decals are from 26 and the green paint is Xtracolor X307. Boeing Grey is Mr Color 315. The natural metal on the engines is a combination of Mr Metal Aluminium and mainly Authentic Airliners High Shine Silver Metallic decal and the coroguard is my own mix of Humbrol Metalcote Aluminium and Gunmetal sprayed onto decal paper.

Plus, of course, the windows and windscreen are from Werner at Authentic Airliners!

35671518956_3ac5b43860_o.jpg

35323922560_8bc648dc46_o.jpg

35710966725_5cf25e96cb_o.jpg

35710967755_7774c691a9_o.jpg

35323924170_91188e89f6_o.jpg

35710968815_ca5ba6a748_o.jpg

35323923260_372782d649_o.jpg

Thanks for looking, hope you like it!

Cheers,

Ian

Edited by Turbofan
Reuploaded images
  • Like 33
  • Thanks 2

Great build as always! Looks like you just took pictures of the real plane and posted them here. Those AA engines look amazing! The entire build is gorgeous. Great conversion, it looks stunning. Hope to see many more from you!

Drew

I know Chris (Strungbag) has got this conversion on the go so hopefully it will inspire him to pull his finger out he he!!!!

Yes, he's told me he's got a few on the go!

Now listen here you two. :tease: I suppose John will be along soon and stick his oar in as well.

I was going to say how well this one looked Ian but you can whistle now. LOL

Joking aside, it really is a nice one and you have made a lovely job on that paint-work.

Chris,

Off to cry in the corner.

• Like 1

That is a cracking conversion Ian, and a beautiful colour scheme with it. It captures the look of the 732 to perfection.

I suppose John will be along soon and stick his oar in as well.

<Sounds of a splash as the oar hits the water>

Since you started yours, Boeing have developed and put into service the 748 and the Dreamliner. Just sayin' :bleh:

Cheers

John

• Like 3

That is a cracking conversion Ian, and a beautiful colour scheme with it. It captures the look of the 732 to perfection.

<Sounds of a splash as the oar hits the water>

Since you started yours, Boeing have developed and put into service the 748 and the Dreamliner. Just sayin' :bleh:

Cheers

John

I think the Triple Seven was just entering service

Lovely build.

I have a part finished Airfix 200 sitting on my shelf of doom. I well remember BEC. It was one of the later 248ADV versions. The Airfix kit depicts a very early 737-200 with the blow in doors on the engine nacelles.