1:48 Blackburn Buccaneer S2B 208Sqn RAF Red Flag 1977

Magnificent work Richard, and nicely posed too. Just in time for the new TanModel kit too! Don't you hate that LOL

One of the great buc schemes too. It looks so right in those colours

Bruce

yep//great timing as ever..looking forward to the Tan version thought

Superb……..and brought back memories….

I deployed with the Buccs to Red Flag in 1983/84 (which IIRC was their last foray to Red Flag). No repeats of the great camouflage scheme portrayed on your model but they still gave a good account of themselves and maintained the enviable reputation of the RAF Buccaneer Force.

Great model, especially when one considers the 'raw' materials with which you were working - The Airfix kit was one of their better efforts but not a patch on the more recent tooling they have produced. Another Buccaneer in this scake us long overdue although I hear Tanmodel are proposing one shortly.

Anyway, I digress and nothing should detract from the superb job you have done here and kindly put on show for us to view.

Well Done, Sir !

• Like 1

Superb……..and brought back memories….

I deployed with the Buccs to Red Flag in 1983/84 (which IIRC was their last foray to Red Flag). No repeats of the great camouflage scheme portrayed on your model but they still gave a good account of themselves and maintained the enviable reputation of the RAF Buccaneer Force.

Great model, especially when one considers the 'raw' materials with which you were working - The Airfix kit was one of their better efforts but not a patch on the more recent tooling they have produced. Another Buccaneer in this scake us long overdue although I hear Tanmodel are proposing one shortly.

Anyway, I digress and nothing should detract from the superb job you have done here and kindly put on show for us to view.

Well Done, Sir !

Thank you for those comments, it means alot from those who worked on these superb aircraft

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,RMCS - In my opinion,this masterpiece is as close to reality as anyone could wish for.I love everything about it including the fabulous scheme.This 'Buccaneer' is an absolute credit to you and testament to your modelling expertise.😉👍 All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

On 09/10/2016 at 7:45 AM, mcdonnell said:

Hello,RMCS - In my opinion,this masterpiece is as close to reality as anyone could wish for.I love everything about it including the fabulous scheme.This 'Buccaneer' is an absolute credit to you and testament to your modelling expertise.😉👍 All the best,Paul.

Thankyou Paul

• Like 1