1/48 Stransky Bücker Bü 181 Bestmann

Hi,

here is a brand new kit of 1/48 Bücker Bü 181 Bestmann which comes from new Czech manufacturer Stransky kits.

I've build it as a machine from Luftwafe Flugzeugführerschule A/B 32.

More details and some WIP photos in this topic: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235006521-148-stransky-bucker-bu-181-bestmann-finished-build-log/

00_DSC_0401.jpg
00_DSC_0408.jpg
00_DSC_0415.jpg
00_DSC_0416.jpg
00_DSC_0411.jpg
00_DSC_0425.jpg
00_DSC_0431.jpg
Hope you like it :}
A.
  • Like 29

Beautiful ! My father flew this type in the war time and swooned about it! Is this kit different to the new forthcoming Special Hobby kit?

:goodjob: :goodjob:

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for nice comment :)

I did not have the possibility to "touch" the Special Hobby (SH) kit yet, but from the pictures I've seen the kits are totaly different.

First of all, Stransky kit is completely new construction from the ground up and it is based on standard serial production Bücker Bü-181.

The Stransky's model has more details in cockpit and also has the possibility to pose cockpit doors open - SH kit has only closed cockpit canopy.

There is also more detailing on engine cowling, landing gear etc. Surface details on Stransky's kit is also of very good quality showing stitching on fabric covering etc.

But again - I did not see SH kit yet... :)

Regards

Alexandr

Edited by SasaU.
  • Like 1

I am loving this one - looks great.

Cheers,

Michael

nice clean build! seems to be a good kit makes it harder which one to buy SH or this one..

:thumbsup:

Very nice build and great details too

I've always liked the Bestmann, that's a beautiful model.

Love the open 'doors' showing off the interior!

Cheers

John

WOW !! A very clean build of an unusual subject. Thanks so much for posting it. Bob H.

Thank you guys a lot for your kind comments.

I'm pleased you like it :)

A.

• 4 weeks later...

I have both the stransky and the SH kit. I think the Stransky kit is more refined with better detail. Just my opinion. Both have their merits but again I feel the Stransky is the better of the two. Just depends how much detail you want on a kit. Both kits are close in price.

I hope Stransky will consider more of the lesser known aircraft for future production. I think a 1/48 SI-204D or GO-145 would be great. I know it won't happen, but an AR-232A/B "Tausendfussler" would make a very interesting kit in 1/48!

Cheers

• 5 months later...