What If Heinkels

Levin

Evening,

while building my 1/72 B29, I started looking over my shelf of doom as a distraction.

Doing that I found the Revell boxing of the Hasegawa He 111 H-6 and ICM He 70 F-2, both in 1/72.

One half painted, one ready for painting, I started thinking how to paint them, actually I thought a of a What If to let them stand out of the crowd somehow.

I thought of asking here, if anyone knows interesting, colorful, distinctive or somehow different paintjobs or camoflages.

I for example thought of a Japanese He 70 or a post-war Isreali He 111 but maybe you know something better.

Thank you In advance

Levin

Edited by Levin
  • Like 1

During the Spanish Civil War at least one He70 carried a distinctive sunburst marking, usually shown as dark blue on the light grey camouflage.

I know that one but I have to admit I'm to lazy for all that masking and I thought of a whif so it's more relaxing to not care for details

Still:

Thanks for your suggestion

Regards

Levin

Edited by Levin

The He-70 was on the list when Sweden was looking for a new long range recon plane, some inspiration may be found here:

http://www.ipmsstockholm.se/home/swedish-air-force-reconnaissance-part-1-ordered-but-not-delivered/

like this but He-70?

S13-Fokker-G.1-F21-Winter_01.jpg

That are nice schemes on that page I'll definitively keep those in mind (though i have to look for fitting decals :/ )

Regards

Levin

Edited by Levin
  • Like 1

If going for a total whif how about a pre Barossa Luftwaffe recon flight over Soviet Union goes wrong. He 70 falls into Soviet hands and is marked up and tables turned with NKVD or GRU using to spy on Germans so small Soviet Red Air Force markings.

Throw in failed rescue attempt by He 111 so Soviet 111 too

Elaborate as required

• Like 4

If going for a total whif how about a pre Barossa Luftwaffe recon flight over Soviet Union goes wrong. He 70 falls into Soviet hands and is marked up and tables turned with NKVD or GRU using to spy on Germans so small Soviet Red Air Force markings.

Throw in failed rescue attempt by He 111 so Soviet 111 too

Elaborate as required

I like that one

South African Air Force He70 in East Africa,...flying alongside the Ju 86`s!!

Tony

I like that too (might be a problem with the decals though :/ )

Edit: not really as until 1947 the saaf used "British" roundels with orange instead of red;

I thought if those blue "stars"

Edited by Levin

The Turkish He 111 will not be in a big crowd I supouse. In fact they used He 111 F https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinkel_He_111#/media/File:Heinkel_He-111_in_Turkish_service.jpg

Other option - what about Mistel config? He 70 on top? :)

Edit - P.S.

what about the British one?:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinkel_He_111#/media/File:Captured_He_111_in_Libya_1942.jpg

Edited by JWM
  • Like 2

I do love Freudian slips - Operation Barossa - the German plan to capture Adelaide and make use of the Fifth Column already there........ sorry crow-eaters, just kidding.

well it was waay past my bedtime when I typed it on my tiny tiny mobile :doh: and I was in a rush as nursey :bouncy: was waiting with me cocoa

• Like 2

Currently it seems like i will built the He 111 as ex japanese us SAM test plane (for squared whiffiness) and the he 70 as either dutch; south african or japanese version and than go and buy two other he 70 for the other versions

(Mad world i live in)

What do you say?

Regards

Levin

And thanks to all the people who came up with those genius ideas :)

Edited by Levin