Aftermarket intakes for Fujimi 1/72 Phantom FG.1/FGR.2?

TBP1538

I apologize if this has been asked elsewhere...

Are aftermarket intakes, which go all the way back to the compressor faces, available for the Fujimi 1/72 British Phantom kits? I was reading a build article in the back of MDF Scaled Down #2, RAF & Royal Navy Phantoms, and the author used resin aftermarket intakes for his model. However, he did not mention where/how he acquired them. Any ideas?

Todd

Seamless Suckers used to make resin intakes for several Phantom variants, including the Brit versions. They have been out of business for years now, and if I recall correctly it was because the owner passed away.

Regards,

Murph

Seamless Suckers did not do the intakes for British Phantoms in 1/72. They only did them in 1/48. Alley Cat currently do a set for the Hasegawa British Phantom in 1/48.

The only ones I know of in 1/72 for British Phantoms were done by Barabrith Model Accessories. Not sure if anyone on here knows who the guy is who did them. I got my set from him at SMW a good few years ago.

Seamless Suckers did not do the intakes for British Phantoms in 1/72. They only did them in 1/48. Alley Cat currently do a set for the Hasegawa British Phantom in 1/48.

I guess I should throw these in the trash then.

Scan%204_zpshecfvhrf.jpeg

Regards,

Murph

• Like 2

I can also confirm that SS-22 was issued; a set is securely tucked inside the box of my FGR.2

Unfortunately I only bought that one set, even though I had plans for more. Then SS went out of business; he who hesitates...

Regards,

Murph

I bought some of the Barabrith sets, some time ago. I do see the chap who made them, apparently he made a loss on them and gave up the business. A pity as they were exceptional quality, and the instructions supplied were second to none. Unfortunately I misplaced mine shortly after purchase, so have not used them up to now.

I guess I should throw these in the trash then.

Scan%204_zpshecfvhrf.jpeg

Regards,

Murph

I stand corrected. Never seen them before but you only tend to see the 1/48 ones from time to time.

I apologize if this has been asked elsewhere...

Are aftermarket intakes, which go all the way back to the compressor faces, available for the Fujimi 1/72 British Phantom kits? I was reading a build article in the back of MDF Scaled Down #2, RAF & Royal Navy Phantoms, and the author used resin aftermarket intakes for his model. However, he did not mention where/how he acquired them. Any ideas?

Todd

You could always use intake blanks?

Selwyn

• Like 1

You could always use intake blanks?

Selwyn

I could, but I was hoping not to... those intakes are just so cavernous, even in 1/72.

Or maybe you can do what Antti_K did here:-

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235006098-the-north-sea-gt-sports-model-phantom-fg-mk-1/

I am definitely going to give it a try!

ATB

Rick

Rick,

That's a great suggestion! I have a feeling that he made it look easier than it was, but who isn't up for a challenge?

Todd

Rick,

That's a great suggestion! I have a feeling that he made it look easier than it was, but who isn't up for a challenge?

Todd

Too right!Post pics when you try - I will!