Airfix 1/72 catalina

OK so here is A model I just pulled out of the stash...An Airfix Catalina from 1963.........with a ton of missing parts,a couple of missing sprues and an entire wing lost to the stars

But anyway I'm having a go at it and might make a scrapyard dio for it..

sprues:IMG_20160728_1542581_zpsbuxqzwkd.jpg

Interesting project indeed!

I looked at the kit in my stash a few years ago, and wisely decided it could stay safely away! So many rivets....

What happened to the propeller? It can't have been a crash landing, otherwise the whole fuselage would have been shredded,,,,

Those oldies can be anything, but they are always fun!!!

Have a lot of it!

JR

Somewhere I have some shots of some RAAF Catalinas being scrapped at Lake Boga - outer wings and engines off, etc. and generally looking sad. I'll see if I can find them and get back.

• Like 1

Awww. Poor thing. I like the Admiral's idea of one being broken up by Lake Boga. Another idea; lean the aircraft to port. Then create a water based diorama where the port wing is submerged. It would have to be an emergency landing situation. Just an idea! :)

Best regards

Tony

• Like 1

It might be a good idea to ask Airfix if they have any of the bits you're missing

Add some aftermarket (engines and cupolas here) and enjoy some fine model making

I probably should add a WIP from that, it was really fun to do

Catbuildpaintingc004_zps1e3baaae.jpg

Edited by perdu
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...