1/25 Union Japan 1946 Ford Convertible Back to the Future

I picked up this kit off eBay at a really ridiculously cheap price. Not sure if anyone else in the forum has built this kit, I think it dates from around 1980 however it is very well detailed for the age of the kit. Quite a bit of flash here and there but nothing that can't be sorted. Although this is a 48 Ford, the kit gives you the option to build the car into a 47 or 46 model so I decided to build a 46 Ford that was modelled on the car that the character "Biff" drove in the Back to the Future movies. This particular car had distinctive stainless steel strips running down the bodywork, I decided that the kit supplied chrome tape was not going to be adequate for my standard of build that I was trying to achieve so I used silver solder that was cynoed onto the car body. The intention was that once the car was painted I could scrape the paint from the strips to reveal the silver solder as a metal stripe. Not sure if it was going to work but it was worth a try. The last image is a screen grab of the actual car out of the movie that I was trying to model.

IFoaq9S.jpg
QcVSQZU.jpg
Wo7Y7lG.jpg
CNJDm0i.jpg
32WJZa4.jpg
qQdZDgm.jpg
7W8gkDD.jpg
IAHtFaT.jpg
RneZmLl.jpg
iOO8X7g.jpg
P1xYnxb.jpg
khKIpA7.jpg
PnWto1E.jpg

Although this is a 48 Ford, the kit gives you the option to build the car into a 47 or 46 model so I decided to build a 46 Ford that was modelled on the car that the character "Biff" drove in the Back to the Future movies. This particular car had distinctive stainless steel strips running down the bodywork, I decided that the kit supplied chrome tape, it was not going to be adequate for my standard of build that I was trying to achieve so I used silver solder that was cynoed onto the car body. The intention was that once the car was painted I could scrape the paint from the strips to reveal the silver solder as a metal stripe. Not sure if it was going to work but it was worth a try. The last image is a screen grab of the actual car out of the movie that I was trying to model.

5NKMvG6.jpg
B6rr1oU.jpg
hyZTkHb.jpg
QKkyj2K.jpg
Xu128Ew.jpg
dMAYW0A.jpg
DI8tzdU.jpg
C1RZrPz.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 2

• Lee Chambers changed the title to 1/25 Union Japan 1946 Ford Convertible Back to the Future