1/271 Revell Robert E Lee Mississippi Paddle Steamer

• 8 months later...

Hello Lee!

My name is Juergen, I'm from from Hamburg. I'm a brand new member in this forum. You made this steamer wonderful! Even with lights! Very long time ago I made this model, too, but it doesn't exist anymore. But I have one quetion to you: The box art picture is so wonderful and I would like to have a print of it in A4 size. would it be possible for you to make a jpg from the picture what you send too me? The same (empty) cardbox I found on the attic of my parent's house but the colours changed and the picture is damaged.

My e-mail address I will send to you by P.N.

But I've got another question: The last of your pictures in this thread, where does it come from? It looks very nice, too. 

Bye bye from Juergen

Lee, that is absolutely magnificent.

I love the night shots.

Very much a vessel of its time that just has something about it that is so appealing.

I remember nearly buying one of these back in nineteen hundred and frozen stiff when I woz a yoof; I wish I had now.

Thank you for sharing it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Superb work.
I am even happier to see that I have the Mississippi Queen in reserve.
This is the first time I see "his little brother" built.
Beautiful setting.
Marc

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

great modelling - a lovely diorama and that smoke and water just adds the final touch - its great to see these old kits being brought to life and made to look so good after all the years they remained unbuilt

a superb model - quite fantastic all-round in fact

• Like 1

That's awesome- very evocative with the light smoke and water- especially photographed in low light conditions. Rare kit in the UK too, so double points for building it rather than selling on to some collector! I have the Lindberg 1/163 kit in the stash, which is even rarer in the UK and I've never been brave enough to build it.

Only tiny point I'd make (and I know it makes me sound like an insufferable pedant) is that they would be unlikely to have lights in the pilot house when underway at night- it tends to mean you crash in to things...

Will

• Like 1

• 7 months later...