1/144 Imperial Lambda-class Shuttle Tydirium

This is a highly detailed resin kit that I picked up off eBay last summer, I didn't start building it until the end of last year. I hope to have it finished for the end of this year as I intend to put it into a small diorama. This little kit was challenging to add lighting due to the small confined spaces however I managed to cram all of the lights into the model. I could have done with a spare pair of hands to help glue the top and bottom hull together as it was a fiddle, however I managed to do it and a last little bit of putty and primer getting ready for the final base coat colour, then some oil pigments and Flory wash to add weathering. I may tint the canopy window slightly darker, at the moment it is looking a little bit too light in colour but I was eager to show the lights inside. I hope you enjoy the build so far.

j93pkzH.jpg
OQXFBgx.jpg
WSjbmZ7.jpg
GjFUPWE.jpg
jmeHVPu.jpg
jNwCASY.jpg
e2SP0cv.jpg
8QPniK7.jpg
8UTeoRs.jpg
DMSw0OU.jpg
d1YbA7H.jpg
GwtkhCg.jpg
00wA3PU.jpg
q2kSG0S.jpg
mmG5Fo6.jpg
2sYlkXS.jpg
dquz63g.jpg
LyhhJod.jpg
WFn5xzu.jpg
761tFgk.jpg
KrJQh7j.jpg
sDAepxw.jpg
uRgx8ic.jpg

Hu5KoDU.jpg
yldN3mD.jpg
vD3xZQr.jpg
5jpE2W1.jpg
si2Euxm.jpg
Ogra7NA.jpg
AgScypL.jpg
lDTK8CO.jpg
9G6gTnq.jpg
DS3DVO9.jpg
uA2ix3T.jpg
JTC9f1X.jpg
kAXn8eR.jpg
2ICr1gi.jpg
5jl9dHp.jpg
T7L3vfk.jpg
f8OdZ2U.jpg
6fHNQIE.jpg
lhiAwKh.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 7

I like what you've done with it ^_^ One thing that strikes me though, is that the two "wing" wings look a bit off in shape. A bit to rectangular? Is it me, the fact that I've looked at the Airfix/MPC kit too long, or could there be an issue with the kit? :hmmm: Doesn't detract from your work though :)

I like what you've done with it ^_^ One thing that strikes me though, is that the two "wing" wings look a bit off in shape. A bit to rectangular? Is it me, the fact that I've looked at the Airfix/MPC kit too long, or could there be an issue with the kit? :hmmm: Doesn't detract from your work though :)

Hi,thanks for the kind comments,i don,t think there,s anything wrong with the wing shape as such,i have the Airfix version of the kit,and it looks the same to me,i think it maybe just the smaller scale throws it out,or the camera angle distorts the shot,as its in macro mode,i have a few model building buddies who have seen it,and they are real keen Star Wars fan,s and neither of them has pointed the inaccuracies out,but who knows !! LOL.

How did you manage to light up the wing tips, did you run the wires of the LEDs through the wings, are they hollow?

Hi,no i used tiny warm white smd,s from HDA Modelworx.com,they have really thin cotton like wire strands that were glued to the channel that runs down the leading edge of the fins,and connect inside into a very small board that flash,s the lights,also underneath i used the smd,s but they are blinking at a faster rate,it was a challenge to light such a small kit,but with modern smd technology it,s now possible.