Roden DC-7c KLM OOB (I hope)

Don't get your hopes up... this is more of a marker than anything as I'm pressing on with my Vignette GB first, http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235004500-railcar/

This though is my submission

IMG_20160728_00024.jpg

Plan is it to be a relaxing time straight OOB (my comfort envelope is being seriously expanded with my vignette build. Theory then is that this is pretty much all I need...

IMG-20160728-00026.jpg

IMG-20160728-00025.jpg

I know slightly zero about the DC-7 (and that's rounding up) but fancied something to go with this little twinkle in my eye...

http://www.noorderlicht.net/projecten/schiphol-1928/

jump to image 7 for a card model to download!

First impressions are that there is a good lump of flash to clean up, I'm hoping that's the problem and it looks like it, else a warped fuselage awaits. Also the engraved panel lines look very deep unless they are distinctive on the original?

From other comments on Britmodeller Roden decals are not the most enjoyable experience to be had so there may be a livery change.

Thanks for stopping in but don't expect much to happen for a month or so. Also the many very proficient modellers on the site might want to look away now... I'm not a good modeller but I enjoy it and it relaxes me; I can get all the angst I need in my day-job!

Edited by Mjwomack
  • Like 3

Excellent choice. The kit has some issues but builds into an impressive model. If you're looking for alternative decals F-DCAL do a sheet for the KLM delivery scheme which I personally prefer to the diagonal stripe scheme provided in the kit.

Watch out for engine fronts which are too large in diameter, missing nose gear mounting, too many exhausts on the right nacelle halves, several niggling fit issues, fiddly props and a divot above the co-pilot's head. A reasonable dollop of modelling skills will get you past all of these, and then you'll have a tolerably rare model :)

• Like 1

I would like to take a seat for this one if I may? I love KLM, many happy memories from the 70's through to the early 90's. I'm also building a KLM for this GB so I figure some camaraderie is called for :D

This is a lovely looking plane. Roden do nice box art. I had problems with decals in one of their kits; a Heinkel 111, but they were very kind and sent me a better set in replacement. I still lightly sprayed them with the Micro 'liquid decal' stuff, I'll check its name. They worked after that.

Looking forward to this, I have patience. :)

Best regards

Tony