Mustang Cobra with a Turbo. Finished at last.

Well I decided to dig this out to use as a stress reliever build to go alongside my Days of Thunder build and well, just look what happened in 3hrs :(

27996571623_98b02ab772_c.jpg

28534118241_b36d09c704_c.jpg

28534117231_f67b754d9e_c.jpg

28613159195_32560a8c5e_c.jpg

28613158385_af717cef93_c.jpg

Ok so it was a stalled build from last year lol.

Better explanation to come in a WIP I'm going to start about a Capri with a Turbo ;) Eye's peeled everyone lol.

TTFN Ashley

• Like 4

Haha thanks Keith but I think it has its own retro charm about it lol. Most people prefer the later fox bodied cars but I like these early ones lol.

If you want to see an ugly Mustang, check out the Mustang II ;) Bring a sick bag lol

Ashley

• Like 2

Haha thanks Keith but I think it has its own retro charm about it lol. Most people prefer the later fox bodied cars but I like these early ones lol.

If you want to see an ugly Mustang, check out the Mustang II ;) Bring a sick bag lol

Ashley

I have a pro street version of the pinto Mustang under ( long ) restoration......

• Like 1

I had forgotten that Ford ran a Cobra name on its Mustang until it reintroduced the GT. That thing just screams 80's don't it? I too prefer the post SVO Fox body Mustang. The older ones look too Camaro for my taste.

I really like your kit of an almost forgotten piece of pony car history! I really love color.

• Like 1

I have a pro street version of the pinto Mustang under ( long ) restoration......

I must admit I am on the look out for the proper Cobra version MPC released as i think that and the King Cobra are the only saving grace for what's otherwise an ugly blott in the history of the Mustang lol.

I had forgotten that Ford ran a Cobra name on its Mustang until it reintroduced the GT. That thing just screams 80's don't it? I too prefer the post SVO Fox body Mustang. The older ones look too Camaro for my taste.

I really like your kit of an almost forgotten piece of pony car history! I really love color.

See for me I prefer the early Fox bodies as opposed to the later ones. I have a kit of the SVO too. Not sure weather the spoiler that has adds to the looks or takes it too far haha.

The Cobra name was used on the Mustang II as well as the early Fox's. I think it must have been dropped after that, until the '93 SVT Cobra or thereabouts. Then it popped up all the time on the 4th Gen lol.

Ashley

One of my father's clients had a Mustang II that was the exact same as the blue on white one from Charlie's Angels. Another guy had a red striped black car locally. We were a GM family so we had Chevy Monza Spiders instead of Cobras. (I think they where Opal Monzas in Europe) One was white with a gaint blue spider on the hood, we replaced that one with a black car with a gaint gold spider on the hood. (God, the 70s where so tacky) Having driven both types of cars I can honestly tell you they were awful, awful automobiles. But if I'm honest, I'd love to have another one, nostalgia is a tricky thing ain't it.

Here in the states both those cars,as well as the first Fox body mustang you modeled are getting really rare. The later fox mustangs are much more popular at car shows and with collectors.There are two local early Fox mustangs running around here. A black one that is driven often and is in need of some restoration and a show room quality Gray one that pops up at the occasional charity car show. The next time it shows I'm gonna check to see if it's a Cobra or a GT.

I personally like the big spoiler. If you're gonna go big, go as big as you can! I look at the whale tail 911s and say "it's nice, but could you make the spoiler bigger?"

Edited by Thud4444
  • Like 1