1/72 Henschel Hs-132B

I finished this today. Its the RS Models kit finished mainly with Mr Color paints and I used the NH Details PE set. I scratch built the DF loop, the underwing mast, pitot tube and the undercarriage retractor struts. Quite a few of the decals were from my spares box:

P1130710_zpsqt3vaige.jpg

P1130711_zpsdhzgqvvv.jpg

P1130712_zps2y9geupb.jpg

P1130713_zpslmwdarzz.jpg

P1130714_zps8hpr7urt.jpg

P1130716_zpsogxiwroa.jpg

The WIP thread can be found here.

• Like 28

Hi Nigel,

Like I said in the WIP thread, this is an excellent build of an interesting aircraft. The scratch built details really add to the excellence of the build :goodjob:

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

Quite possibly your best Luft 46 build yet.

I think my Arado 555 is a little more impressive but thanks for the compliment. This will be on display at the Dundee model show on Saturday for those intending to pay a visit.

Nice work! Good to see the bird out in the sunlight - the colour on the engine pod makes a lot more sense, although it's a bit strange to my mind at least that the kit designer/illustrator/? didn't follow the tiger-stripes through over it.

Cheers,

Alex.

• Like 1

Huma had one out in the early '90s. It was very short-run.

s-l300.jpg

Thanks Jessica,

I wouldn't have seen that one as I was too busy playing in bands and drinking during the 90's. Mostly drinking.

Edited by Beard
  • Like 2

why did you put the DF loop on top of the engine pod?

Like Jessica says, this plane bears more than a passing resemblance to the He 162 and I drew inspiration for putting the DF loop on top of the engine from that. I also think that its nice to have it more prominently displayed (rather than on the underside) from a modelling aesthetic point of view.

• Like 3