Two 1/48 Portuguese Alphajet – 150 step-by-step photos

Hello fellow modellers

I’m a 1/72 and propellers guy, the jets I like most due to their profile are the Me262, the F-4 Phantom and the Alphajet, since Portugal only had the Alphajet I took the challenge made by a friend modeller that offered me a 1/48 Wingman Alphajet and decide to do two

I'll build one with the standard Portuguese Air Force camouflage (scratch building an engine with an open door and the O2 converter at the nose) and try to make the beautiful NATO Tiger Meet 2002 “Air Base nº11 Beja”

I am not a 1/48 neither a jet builder, I only build three 1/48 warbirds more than 7 years ago. So I’m not trying to tell how it’s done, just how I did it. And in the “Jaguar” this is the first time I’ll be working with homemade decals, hand painting and using 2K Urethane varnish.

I’ll be sharing "My" approach to the Wingman kit, and hopefully make life easier for who wants to build this very good Alphajet model, and maybe encourage someone to try different schemes paintings, Wingman offers decals for a lot of schemes, and the best I’ve worked with, but why stop there?

Notice:

The photos are from the construction of the two Alpha Jets, so there will be differences in some parts and details, beyond the obvious of "Jaguar" have only one seat, and the camouflage one will have an engine door open and the Oxygen Convert

Link for the Finished models:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235006396-two-148-portuguese-alphajet-wingman/?p=2430919

I add text to the photos to be easier to follow

AJ000_zpsjrgabz07.jpg

AJ001_zpsavrl0tj7.jpg

AJ003_zps0durg3j0.jpg

AJ005_zpssjldq0pc.jpg

AJ006_zpseyuxecsz.jpg

AJ007_zpse9vb3t6o.jpg

AJ008_zpsclgs5b8b.jpg

AJ009_zpscdrqcan4.jpg

AJ010_zps24fs68dm.jpg

AJ011_zpshlndoz50.jpg

AJ012_zpslbxouni6.jpg

AJ013_zps7zwzhizw.jpg

AJ014_zpsn1brensf.jpg

AJ015_zpsavxqbkxo.jpg

AJ016_zpsplyz9njl.jpg

AJ017_zpsjb67fhfx.jpg

AJ018_zps8nd1zamk.jpg

AJ019_zps9wy8tk9a.jpg

AJ020_zpserjq77mj.jpg

AJ021_zpscdtdno25.jpg

AJ022_zpszka2d2tt.jpg

AJ023_zps6szcq6yh.jpg

AJ024_zps6fejqeym.jpg

AJ025_zpsrpsfzyel.jpg

Edited by Vitor Sousa
  • Like 3

Hi Vitor !!!!! WOW !!!!!

Your work on these birds is incredible.

Thank you so much to share with us with this ton of very very very very instructive pictures.

Having in mind the tremendous amount of detail you check for each part of your Alphajets , I have to dare saying one single thing : the front screen of the canopy is definitively a eyecatcher and in my opinion , the white lines around the frame , on top , are not round enough and make appear the whole screen as wrong-shaped.

This is a tiny point and I'm dreaming to reach a tenth of your modelling skills.

Congrats again and looking forward to see the end of these builds.

• Like 1

Hello Vitor,

this is absolutely beautiful! Stunning build and I also admire Your attention to details :worthy: I noticed some techniques I use myself and also some new I will try in the near future. Thank You for sharing this.

Best Regards,

Antti

• Like 1