1/144 Authentic Airlines BAC 1-11-500 *FINISHED*

Hi Chris,

Yes, as with most AA kits it sits correctly without additional nose weight or tail support. I didn't take out enough resin from the front entrance to make any difference. The rear airstairs wouldn't be any use in this respect anyway as they don't reach the ground as you spotted but AA include the portable bottom steps too. 

In the pic above the rest of the tail logo has been applied. I used the supplied decal for this. I did spray some clear decal with the same red just in case but I didn't need to use it as the colours are nearly the same.

I'm just sitting here looking at it after adding the windows and BA titles and it really does look the business, even if I do say so myself! Really pleased with this one. Can't wait to get it finished with the base, steps and other items. More pics tomorrow.

Thanks for your comments Drew, glad you're liking it! The Airfix kit can be made to look good too I've just taken the easy route and bought an AA kit! Yes, I can assure you it's 1/144.😀

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what colour the carpet was on Negus 1-11s? Just the final touches now!

Jeff, yes they are very lightly highlighted with a very sharp pencil. Very often I will fill all the panel lines then draw them in with a soft pencil but as AA panel lines are so fine I don't.

Cheers,

Ian

I found this image of G-AVMU showing the carpet color rather clearly, however not sure if this was before or after it was repainted to the Landor scheme. Did interiors actually change during the rebranding? Could it be that the carpet stayed the same?

The crew have arrived, they'll be getting ready to depart soon.

2016-10-14%2000.46.25_zpsuhcvfmxi.jpg

They look better actual size. They're only about 14mm tall.

Here's another teaser!

2016-10-14%2000.47.47_zpsg346gquf.jpg

Not too happy about the wavy top of the door in this shot but it doesn't notice on the actual model.

More soon.

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 9

The door entrance's "carpet" is plastic topped/coated on a woven cloth base. Galley areas are the same. We called it Pimple Grain It had tiny raised dots at about 1/4"-1/2" pitching (space between each dot!). Black, Dk Blue and grey are the usual colours.

Well, I'm calling it done!

I've enjoyed this build and because it's been in the GB I think I've finished it far quicker than normal. Of course I've been working on other projects along side this one but I often put things up on the shelf where they languish for months or years sometimes!

I have had some home decal printing problems so as a temporary measure the British Airways titles on the portable stairs have been printed on paper and stuck on with Pritt stick. This will be remedied as soon as I can get a laser printer.

The eagle-eyed among you will notice there is a miss match between the main reg and the two letters on the port nose wheel door. I put the correct reg decal in water that was far too hot, nearly boiling in fact and it nearly melted, folded over on itself and I couldn't get it back flat. I forgot to correct this before taking the photos, I also forgot to add the wingtip nav lights too. Sorry!:banghead:

Managed to take some pics today during a break in the clouds and before the rain. Then I realised that I had crew walking towards an already crewed and loaded aircraft. :oops:So I've come up with this scenario - after boarding the passengers the pre start-up checks highlighted a problem so the engineers were called but unfortunately the problem took longer to fix than was first anticipated. This meant the crew's duty hours would have gone over the legal limits before they reached the destination so a relief crew have been brought in and are just arriving! Probably some grumpy passengers on board!:rant:

This is my fifth BA Negus liveried aircraft so I might as well carry on and model the whole Negus fleet!! I think I'll do a 737-200 or a Viscount next.

Anyway here are a few pics, I'll post a couple in the GB Gallery and some more in RFI just to try and keep the airliner banner flying over there and show the military modellers airliners can be interesting too! :poo:

IMG_9668_zpsd1klgeqh.jpg

IMG_9671_zpsb8lnu7r6.jpg

IMG_9693_zpswpwjx3nr.jpg

IMG_9680_zpspbemdgk4.jpg

IMG_9673_zpswocmab0u.jpg

Thanks for looking and for all the encouragement during the build.

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 13

Brilliant, well done Turbo. Love it. Crew, steps and Apron glue it all together, no rain?

Those steps are illegal BTW...You didn't add the 2 kickdown Jacks to steady and stop it rolling  ;) !

I zoomed up to 200% Its outstanding. Try it.

.:clap2:

That waffle about the double crewing, Crew out of hours and snags dragging on is perfectly  acceptable . Always happening somewhere.

Probably the Avionics guy's fault.