cockpit colour for flanker D (su-33)

Bigjimmyauk

Excuse my kness....... (Su-33 testbed at MAKS)

Su-33_Cockpit.jpg

I use Humbrol Hellblau Hu-65 with a dash of grey added - but AKAN is the way to go - available from Coastalcraft models

Give them a call - they do individual colours on request.

Having said that - it may not match the Dream Model colour - it depends on what they used.

Ken

Edited by Flankerman

Excuse my kness....... (Su-33 testbed at MAKS)

Su-33_Cockpit.jpg

I use Humbrol Hellblau Hu-65 with a dash of grey added - but AKAN is the way to go - available from Coastalcraft models

Give them a call - they do individual colours on request.

Having said that - it may not match the Dream Model colour - it depends on what they used.

Ken

I'll try get you a photo but it's kinda purple in colour nothing like that photo you posted. AQnd from what i heard the akan paint set is the wrong colours for the su-33 (apparently) At £20 a set it's exspensive if they arent right, the mig 29 set i got with faded colour looked really good. Don't recall anyone on this forum using the akan set for the SU-33 tho(correct me if i'm wrong)

cheers :)

I got the 3 individual Su-33 AKAN colours from Martin - excellent service BTW.

Note that the Su-33 colours are for a modern Su-33 - after an upgrade and repaint.

AKAN 'Russian Navy Current Scheme' :- http://www.coastalcraftmodelsuk.com/akan_paints.php?page=8

They are not relevant for earlier Su-33's prior to the repaint.

The whole question of Su-33 colours is confusing to say the least - and I still haven't reconciled it.

Note that AKAN have now released a set for the dark blue painted Su-33 prototype - T10K-1 (click on the bottom right image to see the English header) - just to add to the confusion...

Confused Ken

Edited by Flankerman

thanks flankerman

i've ordered the complete akan set, i already used to mig 29 set so sure i can make use of all these colours again as i'm going to be doing a few builds, i'll be doing the 1:32 su-27 UB and another mig 29 in the future.

One thing i've found about the akan paints is they seem to stick to the walls of the bottle and crust over meaning you can't see whats left, i'm tipping them into tamiya jars and they are fine. i think the plastic bottles are a bit rough on the inside or slightly porous.

while i'm at it flankerman do you know of any 1.32 versions of migs 29's or su'27's that have a solid body colour? i want something thats visually correct but has a solid grey or silvery finish, did a quick google but most stuff always appears to have a camo pattern.