Airfix JU-52

For this model I have to say a very big thank you to Vesa on the forum here for donating the decals to me for this model and also an equally big thank you to Ruben and LN Decals for his advice and assistance.

Firstly this is an old Airfix kit so the parts don't fit very well at all but I'm quite pleased with its turnout.

Also of note the model comes with 2 ladders from the floats to the fuselage by number 2 engine. I haven't seen this config on any of LN-KAF but have seen a single pole ladder to the wing so these had to be fabricated.

As there are 2 different variations for LN-KAF markings I've based it on these two pics mainly (credit to digitalmuseum.no)

http://dms07.dimu.org/image/012uN2AR7ysn

http://dms10.dimu.org/image/012uNXVpK7YN

And now my version.

image_zpshhqvf9co.jpegimage_zpsvhvnznbp.jpegimage_zpskvjv4kfb.jpegimage_zpsghlrbrdy.jpegimage_zpspcvehyeb.jpegimage_zps8rrazolh.jpegimage_zpsgvivakzj.jpegimage_zpsucohmu7i.jpeg

Edited by aerotechi
  • Like 24

• 2 weeks later...

I remember building that kit about 50 years ago. You've done a fine job.

Did you know that the real LN-DAF is now Lufthansa's much loved D-AQUI, the world's oldest airworthy Ju-52 who celebrates her 80th birthday this year? I flew on her about 20 years ago and when we landed the steward announced "Ladies and gentlemen I am sorry to say you have to get off". Happy memories!

• Like 1

Did you know that the real LN-DAF is now Lufthansa's much loved D-AQUI, the world's oldest airworthy Ju-52 who celebrates her 80th birthday this year?

Not much left of the original aircraft though, as the fuselage, one wing and both floats have been replaced. Later also all cockpit instrumentation.

Nils

Not much left of the original aircraft though, as the fuselage, one wing and both floats have been replaced. Later also all cockpit instrumentation.

Nils

... well it is 80 years old ;)

... well it is 80 years old ;)

The above-mentioned modifications (except from the cockpit instrumentation), were done during during the 1940s....