Summer in the Gentleman's scale.

I certainly cant remember the massive gap on(both) port wings from my build of this kit on release.

yep, I can. But what I liked about the Airfix Typhoon was the superb decals, including the D-Day stripes, worked like a dream. Probably not 100% suitable for your builds which are looking very neat!

• Like 1

Hi all,popping in and out of these builds where time permits,after the horror of the Italeri Spitfire and it's nose dive into the bin I managed to get a

couple of Airfix 9's from King Kit which apart from the awful cockpits look nice enough when assembled,I was up early this morning so got one

started and in a couple of hours built sanded,filled and primed her,just sprayed the first coat of pink on.

DSCN3511_zpsiqns81kv.jpg

• Like 3

Morning all,getting over the disappointment of not been able to fit in the Blitzbuild this weekend I consoled myself with moving these builds along

and when the masking tape came off the Spitfire I cheered up no end,no bleeding of the white!

DSCN3522_zpsi7pxoqfh.jpg

DSCN3523_zpsyx2r5zvo.jpg

And the Hurricane look's better striped and decalled.

DSCN3525_zpsucgezuyl.jpg

• Like 7

Morning folk,s,ah the peace and quiet of a Sunday morning,family in bed and the table out with a nice cuppa in the corner,so black stripes added

to the fuselage and a "mauve" mix to represent the painted over black areas of the under wing stripes a couple of light coats to give a rough

painted out look.

DSCN3527_zpszfcc9ack.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 7

Great effect there Steve. Certainly looks like it's been partially removed/ painted over to my eyes..

Many thank's,just before I pack up for the day time to take stock of where I am with this little project.The Typhoon's are fully striped now next job is

to add RAF green,the Swordfish now needs the top wing fixing in place before rigging,the Hurricanes and PR spitfire are at the glossing/matting

stage and you will notice an added Spitfire Vb which was a Hobbyboss easy Kit which I picked up for £2 last week with a replacement prop and

canopy I have in the spares box could be a nice little job when finished.

DSCN3529_zpscoy1pcwp.jpg

• Like 5

I am in love with that PR spitfire, very good use of colour the get the overpainted look!

The whole pack look excellent, and I can believe how many there are and how much you have managed to get done!

Very nice work Steve.

Rob

• Like 1

Morning all,Spitfire decals on and settled nicely now ready for a bit of weathering,looking around at finished models on various sites most seem

happy just to leave as is or one I saw was weathered to the point that the base colour was barely to be seen so something inbetween will be my

goal,no panel wash as this has been my downfall on a few of the various Airfix Spitfires due to the deep panel lines I,ll have a think about it as I try to

remove the Bl***y fly that landed on my Tu-144 while the white gloss was drying!

DSCN3530_zpsurf4aiwj.jpg

• Like 9

Tiny bit of pastel work to break up the colour and some staining would probably be all you need? She is really very beautiful...

Rob

Thank's Rob I think you are spot on,I wonder if these aircraft flew armed? I don't want to stain the guns etc to have it pointed out they were not

due to the weight and height they operated at.

• Like 1

Thank's Rob I think you are spot on,I wonder if these aircraft flew armed? I don't want to stain the guns etc to have it pointed out they were not

due to the weight and height they operated at.

I suspect that the guns would've been loaded, the armed PR Spitfires were armed because they couldn't use speed/ height to escape.

I'm sure I've seen a photo of a MkIX, with the cannon removed, in a book. Trouble is, all my books are packed away pending a move of house. (I'm actually meant to be clearing my house rather than reading BM but I need a break.)

• Like 3

I remember Troy sending me some info on these and yes they were armed as Simon has said. Not a pleasant mission in my eyes, flying over the enemy by yourself and not having the advantage of height and speed, all sounds a bit scary to me.

That said I doubt there armament would have been heavily used, last resort? Pic's I have seen don't really show any marks near the cannons mainly just exhaust and the odd panel. Hth

I will try and find Troy's info.

Rob

• Like 1

Morning all,a little Typhoon update as both are now glossed.TP is the easier scheme as the codes are placed in front of the striping which

is unusual the other have the striping around the code letters which means more detail painting.

DSCN3534_zpshfzrdnpj.jpg

• Like 5