Summer in the Gentleman's scale.

Hi folk,s a white paint blitz day today with the "Concordski" as well so hope to have the stringbag latest posted soon but I suspect this build is gonna get

out of hand after looking through that decal sheet,I,m using the God awful Italeri Mk ix for a crack at the Pink PR version I've had it for ages but never

had the heart to start it,also I,ve a Revell Hurricane Mkii going nowhere and there's an interesting mail delivering one on the sheet with stripes and then

there;s the PRU blue Mustang.................................................

DSCN3422_zpsmfpqyiys.jpg

As you can see I had started the fuselage building.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 2

Just got the light folks so here's the Swordfish,ignore the engine I pushed it on to test the fit after spraying.I used Humbrol rattle can and haven't

gone over board as I don,t want a bright white finish so she has a grayish tint due to the primer.

DSCN3424_zps552dqwec.jpg

DSCN3428_zpsfa3fdqfl.jpg

• Like 2

Great subjects all looking good Steve

Particularly watching the Matchbox stringbag......I can't help myself when its Matchbox :coolio:

Looking forward to the rest of the build my friend

Cheers

Bruce

• Like 2

Great subjects all looking good Steve

Particularly watching the Matchbox stringbag......I can't help myself when its Matchbox :coolio:

Looking forward to the rest of the build my friend

Cheers

Bruce

Nice to hear from you Bruce,I was looking at a pre owned site and saw Matchbox's Sea Fox and Lysander at a really sensible price very very

tempted by both.Hope you find plenty of interest here could end up in double figures at this rate!

Morning folk's with only a couple of days before we are off north of the border thought I would just potter on with the Swordfish for what time I can get at

the table,brush painted the gray(still need to get in with a fine brush on the wing fuselage struts) and masked off the white areas ready for the black

stripes which turned out fine probably only get an hour or two in the next couple of days hope to get said stripes and the green done.Thanks for popping in.

DSCN3429_zpszmvzac9x.jpg

• Like 5

Swordfish is looking sharp.

Cheers Gregg,here's the end of the first weeks work,the Typhoons were endlessly sanded and finally the wing gaps filled so now looking much

healthier primed.

DSCN3431_zpssvrlhymp.jpg

• Like 3

That swordfish is shaping up to look very special Steve. So glad your are looking at doing the mustang PR spit and Mail hurricane, I really want to see them build.

Lightning work as ever, keep it up!

Rob

Thank's Rob,I have the kit's so it would be rude not to have a go,there are a few striped Spitfire Mk ix schemes on the sheet pity my local Home

Bargains never had any! there's also a Mkv in air sea rescue scheme.

Morning folk's,last hour at the table for a week and really happy I got the stripes applied to the top surfaces anyway,a tiny touch up here and

there needed but starting to look the part at last.

DSCN3432_zpsyajop6mp.jpg

• Like 7

Thanks guy's I got most of the Gray/green done which involved re-doing the fuselage top colour so I have corrected the demarcation line at the

front of the fuselage but all,s packed away for now as I'm away for a week but I was thinking of building one of the Typhoons rocket less with bombs

so the Rockets will go on the Swordfish as the kit ones are very basic.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Morning folk,s a little more time for these builds,firstly the Italeri Spitfire is firmly in the bin,awful kit what was I thinking? So an Airfix kit will be sourced

for that scheme,I,ve started to cut plastic on a Revell Mk11c for another D-Day scheme on the sheet.Here's a little more on the Swordfish with the camo

finished and a few decals added before final construction of the wings,I,m a bit peeved as the stripes were measured even lined up with the top view

with the rocket rails but the roundels have overlapped on the top wing I,ll just have to live with it!

DSCN3474_zpst6rhsdsq.jpg

Thanks for popping in.

• Like 10

Here,s the MKiic which is well under way just the cockpit to detail then pop in,and a fabric wing which has had it's undersides black/white aluminium

painted ready for it,s base coat earth to be applied.

DSCN3475_zps6vbrrwop.jpg

And the MKiic's scheme to come.

DSCN3476_zpsm2vx62ie.jpg

• Like 5

Morning folk's,last session of the week for this project I must crack on with my other two GB builds as the MTO GB has arrived! the Typhoons have had

their Ocean gray top surfaces sprayed and the white area's of the striping painted this cuts down on the brush painting of the green.

DSCN3477_zpswtc1y55c.jpg

And the Hurricane is assembled ready for primer.

DSCN3478_zpshlkodzx3.jpg

• Like 6

Morning all,just a quick update for the last week,the Typhoon's have most of their black ID stripes added with a little touching up required here and

there,the Hurricane IIc is primed and the white area for the fuselage stripes painted and masked off and one of the Hurricane I's only needs a second

coat of green to complete it's painting,thanks for looking in.

DSCN3492_zps3vdlfcol.jpg

• Like 6