Airfix One=Eleven

Stroll on, wasn't expecting that on a wip ! Hope it sorts itself out, making me cringe.

Cheers! Had an assessment done last week and it seems to have improved things for now, so doing a bit more modelling each day. My version of therapy!!

Dave

SWMBO has been under the local eye clinic since November, been a nightmare for her. Had the top layer of her eye "scrapped off" three times ! Eye drops every 15 minutes. Hope yours isn't anything like that.

Hi bzn20,

thankfully mine has been nothing as bad as that, she really has my sympathy.

The worst thing for me is that straight lines now bend in all directions, which can make cheatlines a bit tricky.

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

I've finally finished (improving/making a mess of) the cabin windows, and fitted the fuselage doors,

DSCN0989_zpsaqque49m.jpg

I know that I've got a few of 26's replacement noses somewhere, but they seem to be hiding until I've finished, so I've used a bit of Miliput to try and get

ttĀ the nose right. It does look better than my photo -honestly!

DSCN0992_zps7nnw84p6.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TrojanThunder said:

The nose certainly looks more prototypical now. :thumbsup:

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks Ray. I just know that the next box I open when I've finished this will contain those resin nosesĀ :(

Ā 

Dave

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I posted an update, but work hasĀ been slowly progressing. It's been hard to ignore the lure of 2 new projects (planes I flew on last month), but I have only had this on the work table. Somehow, I've managed to lose a couple of pictures, but here are 2 showing the windshield fitted and faired in, and both wingtip lights made and fitted. Anyway, it's now entered the paintshop for a few days, so I'll be doing my best to make the deadline in a week's timeĀ :rolleyes:

Dave

DSCN1031_zpsbx3dule9.jpg

DSCN1032_zpsyub0x58u.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Ian,

I had originally planned on the short lived red/black Dan-Air scheme, but the F-DCAL sheet I've got is way too small in size!?!Ā 

Having altered the nosewheel well to the later 300 or 400 series, I thought about the BA red tail, but knew I couldn't compete with a certain BA Super One-Eleven lol.

So it has came down to the only Court Line 400 or a Laker 300. I've just picked up some paints that might mix for Court Line, but if I'm not happy with that I'll go with Laker.

Ā 

Dave

Well.... having finally decided on Court Line, I went to get the decals for checking my pale turquoise paint mix, only to spend yesterday evening searching for the bloomin' decals. Sadly, without success -and I had them in my hand at the weekend!

So to try and get finished in time, I have now painted the wings and lower fuselage light grey in preparation for Laker Airways.

A couple of pics showing it primed and waiting forlornly for some turquoise paint (now scheduled for my next 1-11).

Ā 

DSCN1040_zpsufvajfqh.jpg

DSCN1044_zpstnlixxjd.jpg

Ā 

Dave

Ā 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Turbofan said:

Ā Of course, you know that as soon as you've finished you'll find the Court decals just sitting on your bench in front of you! I do things like that all the time!

Cheers,

Ian

I'm glad I'm not alone in that. Things usually turn up the day after buying a replacementĀ :rolleyes:

Ā 

Dave

Ā 

• Like 1

Well... the clock (and that damned storm losing me a couple of days) finally beat me, and I'mĀ gutted!

However, I've really enjoyed this GB, seeing everyone's builds progressing and even sharing my own very average modelling attempts for the first time.

Doing this has kept me going through a difficult time personally, as I've been forced to give up work due to my ongoing eye problems.

Anyway, I'm determined to finish having got so close to the finishing line, so my 1-11 might well appear in RFI in the near future.

Ā 

Dave