I caught up with this right at the end.

I have a Magna Sea Prince; it is quite scary in the box: so very heavy. As you said; the only game in town.

I can relate to your challenges here.

What a fantastic result! Your side window solution is a good one and noted.

Your work on the white metal really has paid off; it looks really good.

:goodjob: 

TonyT

1 hour ago, TonyTiger66 said:

I caught up with this right at the end.

I have a Magna Sea Prince; it is quite scary in the box: so very heavy. As you said; the only game in town.

I can relate to your challenges here.

What a fantastic result! Your side window solution is a good one and noted.

Your work on the white metal really has paid off; it looks really good.

:goodjob: 

TonyT

I have the Magna Sea Prince as well and am tempted but it is an even more complex aircraft. I remember seeing loads of Sea Prince's when at BB camp in Lossiemouth way back in the late 60s. IIRC they were a fairly dull weathered silver colour with seriously faded pinkish orange dayglo. I bought a Hunting Percival some time ago (Special Hobby I think) contemplating a conversion. I don't know if it's been done before but if anybody knows the principle differences that would be good.

I have few Magna kits in the stash, some prototypes picked up cheap, a late mark Firefly, a JetstreamT2/3 and both AEW  Skyraider and Gannet, and a Sturgeon as well as a TT Mosquito conversion. Apart from the Gannet, there still the only game in town. 

Thanks

That sounds a great and alternative colllection 825 :) .

The Sturgeon appealed to me too. It would be great to see you have a go at another one of their kits :thumbsup2: .

I fell for the Sea Prince after seeing one at a now defunct air museum near the Lake District. I can't remember the name of the museum but, also outside, they had a Phantom, a Vulcan and a Lightning (that they apparently got for £5.00!).

I was allowed inside the Sea Prince, even able to sit in the driving seat and twiddle with the controls.

I would live to know what happened to those exhibits, and which actual Sea Prince it was. The Phantom was impressive; if my memory serves me correctly, it was almost white in colour.

All the best

TonyT

19 hours ago, POTKC said:

Just one thing - isn't the top part of the canopy meant to be painted, not transparent?

For the early style canopy it appears to be transparent. Have a look at the picture at the top of page 3 in the postings. 

And this one too, which is the Aircraft modelled. 

IMG_1412_zpsuois75nx.png

2 hours ago, POTKC said:

Oh, so it is! Completely missed that. I apologize.

Me too - that transparency is so clear you really can't see the df fairing on the pics! Bit late to add the internal aerial now, right enough! Said it before - great job.