Afrika Korps

I have been busy with this projects for a few months now.

I built the Horch and crew first, then the 88, the half track was next followed by the figures.

The Vehicles come from Italeri, the Horch, Dragon, the half track and the 88 is a hybrid of Tamiya and Dragon.

All the figures are Tamiya, with a couple of Hornet heads.

The base is a picture canvas and the landscape is formed from foam board, household filled and cat litter.

The photographs were taken outside in natural daylight and against a sunny sky.

100_6388.jpgimage hoster

100_6389.jpgimage hoster

100_6390.jpgimage hoster

100_6391.jpgimage hoster

100_6392.jpgimage hoster

100_6393.jpgimage hoster

100_6394.jpgimage hoster

100_6395.jpgimage hoster

100_6405.jpgimage hoster

100_6406.jpgimage hoster

100_6407.jpgimage hoster

100_6412.jpgimage hoster

100_6413.jpgimage hoster

100_6414.jpgimage hoster

100_6415.jpgimage hoster

100_6416.jpgimage hoster

Thanks for looking :)

• Like 43

Thanks for the comments & compliments, I'm glad you like it! :)

Nice builds, compasition and photographie. What does the base measure?

It's 29 x 42 cm

• Like 1

Now that's what I call a diorama. Stunning work. The figures are posed cleverly, and refuse to look like the more usual manikins. I love all the little details, but above all I think you chose a great set of kits. All compliment each other.

My one and only criticism would be the prickly pear cactus. They are indigenous to America, not North Africa.

Rearguards,

Badder.

Edited by Badder
  • Like 1

Another lovely diorama sir. I especially like the fact that everyone seems to be engaged in a task and that they are not armed to the teeth and waving weapons around. They look, to me at least, like hard working men.

• Like 1

Thank you all very much for the kind comments :)

very greatly appreciated.

Now that's what I call a diorama. Stunning work. The figures are posed cleverly, and refuse to look like the more usual manikins. I love all the little details, but above all I think you chose a great set of kits. All compliment each other.

My one and only criticism would be the prickly pear cactus. They are indigenous to America, not North Africa.

Rearguards,

Badder.

I'm no botanist, but the little cactus does bare some resemblance to these North African specimens :)

Cactus1.jpgupload images

Cactus2.pngupload images

Thanks again one and all!

Superb! :thumbsup:

The cactus are correct.....They're all over the Med, vicious nasty spiky (but tasty) things that they are! :winkgrin:

The camo scheme seemed very dark in the first overhead shot, but looks perfect in the others.....Perspective is everything I guess! :winkgrin:

• Like 1

Thank you all very much for the kind comments :)

very greatly appreciated.

I'm no botanist, but the little cactus does bare some resemblance to these North African specimens :)

Cactus1.jpgupload images

Cactus2.pngupload images

Thanks again one and all!

I stand corrected.

Even more superb then. :goodjob:

• Like 1

I saw a diorama very, very, similar to this one about 35 years ago in a Tamiya Catalogue. I don't think it was a Francois Verlinden diorama, but nevertheless, it was bloomin' good. I wonder if maybe you had based your dio on that one? No worries if you have. Yours is still a masterpiece.

• Like 1