1/24 Razorback Thunderbolt

hi folks

got an update

image_zpskajla8ct.jpeg

image_zpsop22zk8w.jpeg

clean up and fine sanding and it's off to the paint shop.......

anyone knows which type of prop was used on mrs mutt ....the pacific bird I am planning for. any insights much appreciated as once again the instructions are helpless....

cheers

Brian

got some work today

image_zpsaibbkyvs.jpeg

painted the sights.....n hope to mount the windshield soon

image_zpszemxbqe5.jpeg

painted the white bits base coat....some work still needed ...next will be masking and the main paint

happy modeling folks....it's really chunky n hard to get painting.......well I am not complaning

Absolutely sensational stuff Mr B - all the detail work is fantastic - I feel like I could jump in the cockpit and start her up. Which kit is this? I'm assuming it was expensive?

Kris

Cheers man.....It the Kinetic kit .....I paid around 400.00 for it....that works out to around 75 pounds.....

She would have run a Curtiss Electric prop I think.

That is really looking purty.

Hey who doesn't like jugs amirite?

More pix! :photo:

Thanks on the headsup on the prop......thanks for the nice words......yeah Jugs who can't live without them....

Rgds

Thanks guys

I have finalized the paint job today....next will be to future and decal.....but the immediate work before that will be to build and pain the flaps....

image_zpsrwu00w25.jpeg

image_zpsafhkiw0v.jpeg

image_zps8m59kmds.jpeg

went for a bleached and dirty bird......look.....

rgds

Brian

• Like 1

Managed to get the decals on ....

image_zps8cplmbkf.jpeg

Looks iffey with the future ....there are some stencils provided but no instructions to where they go.....hmmmm

Next will be the smaller bits, some weathering n flat coat......it is coming to an end.......soon.....

Rgds and happy modeling

B

• Like 3

This looks fantastic,I remember getting a 1/72 scale version when I was a kid and being amazed at how huge it was compared to all my Spits and 109s,In that scale its a monster!

thanks a lot for the kind words guys

almost there since the last up date...it's weathered and on it's legs with a flat coat.....tommorow is a public holiday in my part of the world so...will try and finish it....just weapons, prop....and clear parts....

image_zpsndu47xal.jpeg

image_zpsmrd39ey8.jpeg

it's getting hard to photograph......

best regards

Brian

• Like 2