Airfix 1/48 Defiant

Been a while since I've posted a build on here. Not through lack of activity, hut everything I've done recently has gone horribly wrong for one reason or another. So, in an effort to stop my mojo completely disappearing I needed a couple of quick no nonsense builds. And this was one of them. Just a straight forward OOB build, with no bells and whistles. And I'm glad I did. What a great kit. Certainly the best Airfix moulding I've built so far. Only addition was some basic Tamiya tape belts. Hand brushed with Revell aquacolours (y)

SAM_8820_zpsk542cxoc.jpg

SAM_8830_zpsyi7zgryj.jpgSAM_8821_zps2n0zud9a.jpgSAM_8823_zps9meu6xuy.jpg

• Like 13

Nice work, some good detail on there. As a brush painter just starting a WW2 fighter I'm interested in which method you used for masking/defining the camouflage, and making the edge between the top and bottom colour scheme. Thanks

That's the option I'm building. I hope mine comes out half as well as yours; it looks very nice and hasn't been weathered and washed to death!. Which of the Revell greens did you use for the camouflage? It looks a lot better than Airfix's recommended Humbrol 30.

The only problem I've had with mine was the refusal of the instrument panel transfer to remain attached, even with Microsol, Microset and Klear.

Can't wait for more to come in so that I can do a night fighter. Biggest problem will be choosing a subject.

Edited by stever219