Airbus A319 - Frontier 'Mickey The Moose'

Airbus A319 - Frontier 'Mickey The Moose'

Revell 1:144 with Draw Decals

mickey1_zpsaccpokio.jpg

Another Revell A319 finished in the attractive Frontier scheme. Each of their fleet features a different animal on the tail fin and is named after it. These are another set of the superd Draw Decals and my fourth in Frontier. This one is slightly different as it features the modified 'Fly Frontier.com' billboard.

mickey6_zpsob9jsb4b.jpg

mickey2_zpsyuip6fq0.jpg

mickey3_zpsaqgtaf0o.jpg

mickey4_zpsw1cjit89.jpg

mickey8_zpsxowi3qql.jpg

mickey7_zps2vkjqnyu.jpg

And with something else, else, and else! A319's 'Perry the Puffin' and 'Chloe the Fawn' and converted A318 'Stu the Rabbit'

mickey10_zpssm63siov.jpg

mickey11_zpswflcxaef.jpg

Thanks for looking,

John

• Like 24

These are awesome John, are you planning on building the entire fleet?! My kids love them so I guess I'll be making a couple too!

What colour do you use for your tyres? They look really good.

I noticed a little bit of silvering on the coroguard, could you float those small decals on with a drop of klear perhaps?

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

These are awesome John, are you planning on building the entire fleet?! My kids love them so I guess I'll be making a couple too!

What colour do you use for your tyres? They look really good.

I noticed a little bit of silvering on the coroguard, could you float those small decals on with a drop of klear perhaps?

Cheers,

Ian

Ian, I do tyres with Humbrol 67 (Panzer grey I think) looks better than black.

Yes there is silvering on the walkways (kit decals) there are a s*d. They've had several dousings in micro sol and still wont settle. A few more goes are planned...

Cheers

John

I thought of using Klear as this evening my daughter was applying some decals to her model Spitfire (I tried to get her to do an airliner but it had to be a Spitfire!!) and there is no silvering even over a matt finish.

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

Very nice set of Airbusses.

As a note of interest, when I was working as a temp last year at an airliner seat building company I worked on lots and lots of seats for Frontier

• Like 1

'Stu the Rabbit'

Best with thick pastry.

Another super result John. Nice panel line detailing on the underside too,

I hadn't realised just how fine those lines were on the Revell kit.

Chris

• Like 1

What a beautiful job, and great collection, nearly fell off my chair at the name Stu the Rabbit

Ian, I do tyres with Humbrol 67 (Panzer grey I think) looks better than black.

Yes there is silvering on the walkways (kit decals) there are a s*d. They've had several dousings in micro sol and still wont settle. A few more goes are planned...

Cheers

John

John, if it continues to bother you, might i Suggest 2 options

1. See if you can acquire some Solvaset made by Walthers the model Railroad people, I found it was the only stuff that would work with Revell decals on my Hawker Hunter build.

I had tried all the Daco ones, plus Tamiya, Gunze, none did much at all, the Solvaset did it as advertised.

or the far more drastic method

2. use some raw thinners in the airbrush, one short gentle burst, then just the air to dry it quickly, you need a lot of nerve for this method, but has always worked for me, although maybe try it on one of the unused decals from that kit on something else.

good luck

• Like 1

Hello,John - My full compliments to you as always on yet another beautifully built and finished airliner,This fleet of Airbuses looks superb and you must be justifiably proud of them.I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work throughout your fleet.

If they were mine,space also allowing, I would build an 'Airport Ramp' Display Board to pose them on.It would be hard to tell them apart from the real thing.Inspirational work indeed.;) All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1