Britannia

wallyinoz

Driving to Cannock a few days ago I accidently stumbled upon the RAF Cosford air museum where the car park is watched over by a magnificent Bristol Britannia. I must have one in my display case! Do any of you wonderful people have a 1/72 Airways kit of this aircraft you could let go of

cheers

wally

Try Kingkit.co.uk,they're my first point of call for anything old or obscure.........just make sure you check for missing/damaged parts as soon as the kit arrives.

Andrew

Sold mine last year for about £30 ! I really thought I might make something of it, but time and seeing what someone (you know who you are ) had done with a Varsity and Vanguard l bottled it! Don't get me wrong l could have made something quite presentable out of it,especially as I used to work on them at Manston. I am extremely happy with the Roden offering and will no doubt build many as for colour schemes we are spoilt for choice. If i ever get to grips with this posting of images thing I would be so happy to share my endeavours. Happy modeling.

Really good memories of seeing that same Britannia years ago when it was parked on the grass elsewhere at Cosford my then 3 year old son was with me and my ex-wife and yelled pointing at the Britannia and said "Jesus Christ look at the size of those wheels !" We'd never heard our son use such a term before, now he's 25, he uses it pretty much every day !

My one and only vac-form, the Airways version.......Thought they went for a fortune nowadays, obviously not. Love the Britannia sooo much went and gave it a bash.. For a vac form pretty good, metal undercarriage and props, used clear-cote I think it was for windows, trickiest was making all the windows the same size.

This was years ago now, one of the props has flew off somewhere, one wheel has fell off and haven't got around to redoing it, waiting for the Mach 2 release :)lol

DSCF0349.jpg

DSCF0348.jpg

DSCF0347.jpg

DSCF0346.jpg

Edited by Toe
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

i cringe when I see the Britannia at Cosford as it is now! For gawd sake don't anyone use that aircraft as an accurate paint scheme for a RAF Britannia. It never was a RAF Britannia and has been repainted with roof titles that are too big and RAF roundels that are too small, just for a start. Even when it was in BOAC colours at Cosford, it was completely inaccurately painted! I really despair at wondering why that Britannia has never been repainted accurately? :banghead:

• Like 2