SOUTH AFRICAN ARMOUR.....YAAAAAY!

D1fuN0

The initial Rooikat test shot had some issues not the least of which was the fact that they were trying to make the 105mm version which isn't used by the SANDF but had the 105mm gun combined with the optics for the 76mm version, there were also some issues with wheels and radio antenna mounts.... these problems have been sorted and the kit will be a 76mm SANDF machine. don't know what the exact release date will be but early 2017 is likely

as for a Ratel... well you never know your luck :)

48 minutes ago, Drift said:

Olifant is also available now. 

Do you have a link or model number for that?

11 hours ago, Oliver d said:

Still waiting for my Rooi Kat kit.I just hope its as good as they say it is,the G 6 not really intrested would rather have a Ratel 90.

Let hope this is the start for many more SANDF vehicles.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/19/2016 at 8:59 AM, Drift said:

The tank in the pic is actually an Olifant Mk2 but thats close enough for me! 

Easiest way to tell Mk1B and Mk2 apart is that tall sighting system on top of the turret, other than that its minor visible details.

I cannot wait for this kit to hit the shops whooo hooo

Just bought the G6............ better half best not find out

• Like 1

Perhaps IBG can be badgered(!) into doing a Badger using their AMV/Rosomak baseline?  Externally very much the same hull: new turret.  Having said this, there's whole heap of other AMV variants out there too.  Badger is a single IFV variant with no derivatives?

• 2 months later...

Afternoon chaperoonies :bye:

Well it seems to just be getting better....

Takom have announced they will be doing the AML 60 & 90 Armoured Cars...

So with a bit of sticky back plastic and a couple of loo rolls, you can have an Eland 90 and 60 :)

So for the slow ones at the back, we now have.... Rooikat, G6, Oliphant, and Noddy Cars, (plus the RG 31 and Badger if you play with the Rosomak kit a bit) :)

woohoo 

:ninja:Mad Steve:ninja:

9 hours ago, MAD STEVE said:

Afternoon chaperoonies :bye:

Well it seems to just be getting better....

Takom have announced they will be doing the AML 60 & 90 Armoured Cars...

So with a bit of sticky back plastic and a couple of loo rolls, you can have an Eland 90 and 60 :)

So for the slow ones at the back, we now have.... Rooikat, G6, Oliphant, and Noddy Cars, (plus the RG 31 and Badger if you play with the Rosomak kit a bit) :)

woohoo 

:ninja:Mad Steve:ninja:

Just sent the guys at Takom all my stuff on the Eland so you never know your luck :)
and still pushing to get a Casspir through.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vlamgat9 said:

Surely a Ratel must be on the way?

Pushing for one but it's difficult to get the reference materials they need to do the kit together, took more than a year of scratching and begging to get enough material to do the G6, need full photographic coverage, dimensions and technical drawings if possible... these companies won't even seriously consider a project without them.

Bit of an update on the Rooikat for those that are interested, the test shot had issues it was a sort of mix between a 105 and a 76 without being either one, the kit is to be issued as a 76 now and the relevant problems have been pointed out and corrected, this necessitated re-cutting molds and that delayed things, it's still in the works and slated for release this year 

1 hour ago, Umineko said:

Pushing for one but it's difficult to get the reference materials they need to do the kit together, took more than a year of scratching and begging to get enough material to do the G6, need full photographic coverage, dimensions and technical drawings if possible... these companies won't even seriously consider a project without them.

I get it. I am surprised it's so hard to get Ratel stuff though, it having been so ubiquitous. Is it that stuff has simply been lost over time or a reluctance on the part of the manufacturer to share?

• 8 months later...

I've just spotted that the Rooikat is now available in the UK, from Creative Models, though not yet via Hannants.  That's the good news.

They want sixty quid for it!  That's what Takom are asking for the G6, and that's overpriced too, but you could fit the Rooikat inside it.  Anyone who can point me to a cheap source for either will be a very nice person.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/01/2018 at 9:07 PM, pigsty said:

I've just spotted that the Rooikat is now available in the UK....

They want sixty quid for it!  That's what Takom are asking for the G6, and that's overpriced too, but you could fit the Rooikat inside it.  Anyone who can point me to a cheap source for either will be a very nice person.

EModels and Wonderland both have it listed as just over £50 but not yet available.

Correction: EModels have it “in stock”.

46 minutes ago, Roland Pulfrew said:

EModels and Wonderland both have it listed as just over £50 but not yet available.

Correction: EModels have it “in stock”.

Try Nikki at Vetranus models, she's just had some SA armour in

On 4/18/2017 at 12:42 AM, Vlamgat9 said:

I get it. I am surprised it's so hard to get Ratel stuff though, it having been so ubiquitous. Is it that stuff has simply been lost over time or a reluctance on the part of the manufacturer to share?

Manufacturer won't share anything, to be fair it's still in service and they can't release technical information without approval from the SA Government and that's not likely to be forthcoming... I'm still pushing for it though and hopefully sales on the Rooikat will make them the idea a serious look...  have a couple of possible angles for reference still open to me