SOUTH AFRICAN ARMOUR.....YAAAAAY!

D1fuN0

Morning Chaps :bye:

Well!

It seems that the model manufacturers are finally catching up with some subjects down here in Africa's bottom :analintruder:

Contrary to popular belief, our army no longer runs around wrapped in cow skins, chucking assegai's at Micheal Caine

No!.... Was just the other day that Trumpeter announced that they will be doing the Rooikat! and every South African armour modeller's mouths dropped to the floor and stirrings in the gentlemans area were felt throughout...

ROOIKAT.png

But then....

Takom raised that to another level with this...

G6.png

The first time in like, ever, that either have been done plastic and about flippen time too :winkgrin:

Lets hope that these are the first in a nice little line of SANDF vehicles and the Ratel, Caspir and Buffel are not far behind

Just to clear up a small issue... The Rooikat, although directly translated is Red Cat, the animals proper name is Caracal. Likewise, the Rhino, directly translated is Rhino, and its proper name is Rhino. :coolio:

:ninja: Mad Steve :ninja:

• Like 3

Tog, maar dis gooie nuus! Nice one Mad Steve, I will have to keep an eye on this. No more expensive resin SADF models!

:analintruder: it is rather spiffy news vleisbom.... but it would be so cool if they did the AFV's as well to go with them.

Ek kan n bietjie verstaan Tony, maar ek is darem n pommie :analintruder:

I moved here in 82 when i was 13 from the UK.

On the rumour front, there are apparently a couple more SA vehicles on the cards :coolio:

Does anyone do a "Noddy car" yet? ( thats Eland for those buitelanders who dont praat Bokker)

Jonners

Only available in resin in 1/35 at the moment. But maybe that will change now?

Morning chaps :bye:

There are a couple about Jonners, mostly Resin ones and a bit pricey.

There are plastic ones in 1/72nd scale, (sort of). ACE make the AML 60 & 90 that could easily be modified into Eland 60 & 90.

Ek kan n bietjie verstaan Tony, maar ek is darem n pommie :analintruder:

I moved here in 82 when i was 13 from the UK.

On the rumour front, there are apparently a couple more SA vehicles on the cards :coolio:

Ek is ook n pommie, ek het daar gegaan wanneer ek 7 was en dan terug England toegekom ek omtrent 18 was 👍🏻

That's good news for the Rooikat.

I'd love to see an Eland too, which would mean that an AML could be next. Or the reverse.

Olifant can wait, I've got a conversion from... from... I don't remember....

Guys, pack it in with the Afrikaans, this is an English speaking site, so please translate it before I do, if there is any swearing, be warned.

• 1 month later...

G6 Rhino will be out this month... not sure yet about the Rooikat as there were some issues with the initial test shot which have be identified and sorted... still waiting to hear as to when that one will be released...
as for others... well yes there are others in planning, of course things are driven by sales so how well these initial releases do will determine if the others get the green light.

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Xaskrew said:

Really looking forward to the Rooikat.

On a side not were can you get Takom kits in SA? Local shops in CT does not get them.

Are you on facebook boet? there's an oke on there importing them at very good prices... better than you can get one from Hong Kong with postage added.

2 hours ago, Umineko said:

Are you on facebook boet? there's an oke on there importing them at very good prices... better than you can get one from Hong Kong with postage added.

Yes.

Could you PM me is contact?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Morning Panzer :bye:

You said it chap... In less than 6 months we have had the Rooikat, G6 and now the Olifant too :)

It would be FANTASTIC if they decided to go the whole hog and do a Buffel and Caspir AFV's as well, at some point in the future and we can only pray to the great plastic gods that maaaaaybe a Samil truck and its variants might get done too, (especially the Valkyrie), oooh even a Noddy Car or a Ratel or two...

(God!, I'm starting to sound like one of the Spitfire nuts, 'Ohh nice new model but why didn't they...')

Don't forget as well, the RG 31 that the muricans use is also an SA designed vehicle.

Lovely jubbly. Now I need to clear some space to build them...

:ninja:Mad Steve:ninja: